Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie here, so go easy with me

I have a 2012 N-Tec and have a central locking question.

Is there any way of having the central locking "lock" automatically when you drive over a certain speed? Some cars have this facility so some toad can'tempty your boot when you stop at the traffic lights.

I know I can lock it using the button near the handbrake but looking for an idiot proof can't forget method.

Happy to fit some sort of automated interface if anyone knows of one that can do this, I am ok with wiring.

Thanks in advance for any input

(mods:feel free to stick this wherever if this is in the wrong place)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You could do the following although it's not speed sensitive.
Get everyone and everything into the car. Before you put the key into the ignition 'blip' the key to lock the car this engages the deadlocks. Starting the car re-engages the interior locks but leaves the exterior handles disengaged. I would never do it as, were I in a crash, I want those who get me out to be able to open the doors.

The button adjacent to the handbrake and a sticker to remind you to press it would seem a far easier, and safer, option.

PS: a warm welcome to the forum.

Edited by: Nigel B

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
In a case of an accident the central locking will unlock all doors as soon as it detects a impact,

iirc the old ford maverick use to have a fault if you hit the badge on the front with a rubber mallet (A cartea leaf use a inflatable toy) it use to set off the airbags pop the doors and disable the immobiliser
Asimple circuit to detect the speed pulsethat triggers the locking would be easy to make but I have way too many things on my list inc fitting a power window closer

cost wise £5-10 for the bits

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone used to sell a module that did exactly this but it seems to have disappeared from the marketplace

Thanks for input and welcome though

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nigel B said:

The button adjacent to the handbrake and a sticker to remind you to press it would seem a far easier, and safer, option.

I haven't noticed a button near the handbrake. Exactly where is it please??

I am assuming that this locks the boot which has to be opened with a key or remote .... or do you have to press that button again??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought this was a standard feature on newer Notes?

There should be instructions in the manual how to do this but if I remember correctly it was like this :

Unlock the car, sit on drivers seat and put the key to ignition. Turn the key to ign position on the lock but do not start the car. Now press and keep pressing the lock position of the central lock button located near the handbrake. Keep it pressed 5 seconds. Turn the key to off position after this.
Unlock the car. Now when you drive off the doors should lock when your speed exceeds 15mph.
Doors will unlock when any of the doors are opened from the inside when car is stationary.

Now what I'm not exactly sure of is that is there any sort of beep or something when you've kept the central locking button pressed long enough. I think in qq there was a short bleep.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks. Its a 2010 Note we've got.

We have noticed something at the hinge end of the handbrake and wondered what it was

Edited by: CornishLass

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a lock/unlock button if you press it once you all in the car it locks all the doors, There is only 1 switch down by the handbrake

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
downtime said:

There should be instructions in the manual how to do this but if I remember correctly it was like this :

Unlock the car, sit on drivers seat and put the key to ignition. Turn the key to ign position on the lock but do not start the car. Now press and keep pressing the lock position of the central lock button located near the handbrake. Keep it pressed 5 seconds. Turn the key to off position after this.
Unlock the car. Now when you drive off the doors should lock when your speed exceeds 15mph.
Doors will unlock when any of the doors are opened from the inside when car is stationary.

Now what I'm not exactly sure of is that is there any sort of beep or something when you've kept the central locking button pressed long enough. I think in qq there was a short bleep.
that's on the qashqai the note doesn't have hi-jack locking like that, its more "comfort locking"

Nissan refer to anti-hijack in a different way and its set in a different way on the note, see this how to:

http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-to-activate-the-anti-hijack_topic421.html

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks. I'll press it when I get in the car next time!!! Didn't want to touch it in case it was an ejector seat!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you want to stop naughty lads emtying your boot while at lights, don't you need doors to lock below a certain speed, e.g. while stationary?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do..... I do!!!

My Vauxhall Corsa had a brilliant system whereby one press of the key opened the drivers door only so when I drove alone I felt very safe. The second press opened the doors but left the boot locked.

Hubby's Volvo was okay as the remote gave up so only the doors we opened were open!!!!!!!

But it is nice to PRESS and the doors open .... or shut

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
once locked at a set speed they stay locked till you open one of the doors from the inside
As I have said many times the note doesn't have the speed sensitive locking nor does in have window closure or auto folding mirrors in theory it could be programed into the bcm but I doubt some out there has a proper consult system and is willing to do or have the know how

I have a windows closure module and it wont take much to add the mirrors to thatand I am looking at speed sensitive locking there on my todo list what is longer as my arm what with other hobbies and projects on the go and being on here

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
CornishLass said:
I do..... I do!!!

My Vauxhall Corsa had a brilliant system whereby one press of the key opened the drivers door only so when I drove alone I felt very safe. The second press opened the doors but left the boot locked.

Hubby's Volvo was okay as the remote gave up so only the doors we opened were open!!!!!!!

But it is nice to PRESS and the doors open .... or shut
Have a look here http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-to-activate-the-anti-hijack_topic421.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
flash22 said:
downtime said:

that's on the qashqai the note doesn't have hi-jack locking like that, its more "comfort locking"

Nissan refer to anti-hijack in a different way and its set in a different way on the note, see this how to:

http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-to-activate-the-anti-hijack_topic421.html

Then explain to me why this feature was enabled on dealer demo car? 2012 Note Select edition or whatever they called it. (According to your post maybe it was activate by the dealer with Consul system?).

Also if you look at ESM, for older Notes this feature is also available but it needs to be enabled with Nissan Consul at the dealers.
I remember reading from somewhere that this feature came user settable in Note facelift but this I sadly can't confirm from where.
I know this is standard feature on Juke and QQ.

ps.

Out of interest, are you going to use the AceDVDs mirror folding module? I would be interested to on results also as I already have this on our QQ+2 and in that it works perfectly. I tried it on my wifes MY2006 Tekna Note but on that I could not make it work. (Well I did not really even try).
I'm not sure if the mirror connector is the same as in QQ and from where I should take the lock/unlock signals from.
On my QQ+2 I took the signals straight from BCM. Would that be a good option in Note also? And do you know the pin numbers for those? I do the ESM but if you already know the pins I would be more than happy for that information :)

Edited by: downtime

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Well if you can find a reference in any documentation relating to the note for speed sensitive locking please post it

As for the ace DVD kit it seems over priced for a simple module abite being plug and play a window module is less than£30 and takes 20 mins or so to fit

There are vast differences between the squshie and the note's bcm memory size the bcm system can only be programmed with a consult system and I don't think a main dearer would go to to the lengths of reprogramming a bcm for a edition car

As for the special edition it may well of had a dealer fit plip alarm on the car what would give these functions

As for the the lock/unlock just pick it up in the drivers foot well (there is 100mm of loom tucked in a hole where the plugs connect into the door loom inside the car) or off the plug on the drivers door lock motor/solenoid
edit. just a though you aren't thinking of the auto lock time settings are you where you can set the doors to lock after a set time from removing the key and shutting the doors ??

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
6 Posts
flash22 said:
Well if you can find a reference in any documentation relating to the note for speed sensitive locking please post it
I will.

There are vast differences between the squshie and the note's bcm memory size the bcm system can only be programmed with a consult system and I don't think a main dearer would go to to the lengths of reprogramming a bcm for a edition car
Hmmm... I thought this was merely an option setting through Consul. ESM lists all the available options for BCM and I think the speed locking was one of the options that you could set.

As for the special edition it may well of had a dealer fit plip alarm on the car what would give these functions
Could be. Didn't check this.

As for the the lock/unlock just pick it up in the drivers foot well (there is 100mm of loom tucked in a hole where the plugs connect into the door loom inside the car) or off the plug on the drivers door lock motor/solenoid
We have a LHD car so probably it will be on the passenger side here. Like with the QQ. Do you know if the actual block connector for the window switches has the same pin order as in QQ?

I should be able to find the wires for the lock/unlock signal. I'll try to look at the ESM to see if I can find the connectors from BCM.

Thanks.

edit. just a though you aren't thinking of the auto lock time settings are you where you can set the doors to lock after a set time from removing the key and shutting the doors ??

No. Is there a feature like this in the car also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went through the ESMs all parts related to BCM and it really seems that there is not speed lock function in Note after all.

Or atleast I can't any reference to it in ESM. So no then :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes there is courtesy lighting if you take the key out the ign. get out and lock the car you can set it so the lights stay on to see you to your door
the note and qashqai use the same window door switch but lhd and rhd are wired differently as the switches are around the other way, Iirc its the 4 corner pins on the window switch plug they are the up signalfor each window, all the pin outs are in the esm under the body section

I have a few esm(s) and the consult manual so I will take another look

·
Registered
360 Posts
Have programmed the lock/unlock switch by the handbrake as suggested in an earlier post - going out soon and will see if it works. Will let you all know how I got on.

'59 Note 1.6 Auto Tekna

1 - 20 of 26 Posts