Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
There is a switch under the handbrake lever on mine, but opening the door with the internal handle will work if it isn't deadlocked.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Pulling the handle disengages it, if your doesn't you've got a looming MOT failure.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The inside one, If the door isn't opening from the inside but is from the outsideyou have a problem with the lock its self Nissan in there wisdom used the same door lock catchon the front and rear so the front door has a child lock but itsblanked on the door this some times vibrates to the lock position
do a search as it been covered

ps. thread moved to the correct section

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Nigel B said:
Pulling the handle disengages it, if your doesn't you've got a looming MOT failure.
I'm sure mine has a deadlock mode. 2 presses on the locking plip on the key.
If you sit inside, and press the remote locking plip once, (indicator flash and a clunk) and then straight away press again once (another flash & clunk) the internal handle doesn't work and you are trapped inside until you press the unlock plip.

I could have imagined it though, or my drivers door lock may be faulty
, I'll try again next time I go out in it and try more doors.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Just tried mine, deadlocked it with the fob, pulled the handle, door opened.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I was mistaken, it was 12 months ago I played with this

My car is in Anti-hijack mode (one press on the remote unlock button on the key only unlocks the drivers door 2 presses to unlock everything)

So if it is locked and I press the remote fob unlock button once

I get in the drivers door, shut the door and reach over to the passenger door, and pull the internal handle, it opens, and stays unlocked, but the back 2 doors stay locked. (didn't think to try the rears from the inside, I'm not as flexible as I used to be)

If I press the lock button on the remote once when I am inside the car it is deadlocked, all 4 internal handles are disconnected (I tried them) the yellow (locked) light on the flipswitch under the handbrake comes on, I guess it goes off after a while, but that flipswitch does nothing.

I guess if I start the car the deadlocks will come off, or the flipswitch will activate otherwise I would have to break a window if I stupidly locked the car with the plip from the inside, and the plip battery failed.

So mine does deadlock, (08 tekna auto) and I've been pressing the button an extra time for nothing

EDIT

Wind down drivers window, and sit in the car. (turn ignition off, and pull keys out)
Keys in hand, press lock button on key once
Internal handles disconnected (deadlocked)
Put key in ignition and turn ignition on, whiring/clunk noise from inside doors.
Reach through window and try outside handle; door is locked.
Pull inside handle door opens and stays unlocked.
Deadlocks release when ignition switched on.

Edited by: mnl

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc there are 3 different locking systems standard locking, super lock and keyless (intellikey)
standard locking is on the basic cars, mid and high end cars have super locking and the high spec and special editions get the intellikey but was mainly a £5-6-700 option

the super locking has dead locking, the intellikey is the same as the super lock but with sensors built into the door handles (little black rubber bits on the handle its self)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts