Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my 2006 1.6 SVE Note for three weeks and still getting to grips with the controls, but there seems to be a problem with the intermittent front windscreen wipers. Constant speed 1 and 2 okay but nothing when it's on automatic. I've tried it several times and checked the book but nowt is happening.It was working fine a couple of days ago...I think..but as my wife mainly uses it can't be sure.
Maybe it's just packed in or am I being thick. Answers welcome

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
There is no intermittent wipe, (at least not on a 2008) there is only
flick up to wipe once.
Off
AUTO
continuous
fast continuous

On AUTO there is a volume control on the stick that ought to give intermittent timing (according to the handbook), but actually serves to adjust the sensitivity of the rain detector, which is behind the mirror.
Try cleaning the windscreen on the outside around the mirror with the bestest most superest glass cleaners you have, leave it on auto, volume one click clockwise and hope for the best.

Me, I leave it on OFF and flick upwards whenever I can't see out

(unless it is raining properly, then any down position seems to do the trick)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You could leave it on AUTO and get someone to water the area of windscreen behind the mirror with the watering can to see if it still works.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The auto is very intermitant, its the only thing about the note i dont like tbh
as above filck it up for a single wipe or put it on number 1 from what i have seen a lot of newer cars are like this now

·
Registered
109 Posts
i must say that the note auto wiper is better than the peugeot 407 i now own, the peugeot has a mind of its own (really does), most of the time its fine, then other times it just goes into a series of wipes even when its not raining :(

when i had the note, all i did was leave it on auto and let it do its job, if i needed a quick wipe then flick the stick down and back up and it will wipe once or twice.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
That is pretty much what the note does (wears the blades out) except,mine also refuses to wipe until after I crash because I can't see out.
(Wrong type of raindrops)

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I had a problem with my auto wipers, they kept on working even when it had stopped raining.
A bit before this happened, I had a problem with my front screen badly misting up.

This had caused condensation to get under the sensing unit behind the mirror. So the sensor unit thought it was raining, so it kept working.

I've also fitted a 15" wiper on the nearside, that covers the sensor and keeps it clear.

But you must kep the glass really clean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts