Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been struggling with my 1.5 diesel Note. It usually starts fine in the morning but sometimes when I drive somewhere and then leave the car for a bit it won’t start when I return. It turns over but won’t fire. Usually after about 30 minutes (but it can be much longer) it starts again.

I have had a mechanic look at it and even took it to the Nissan dealer. All found no fault codes and in typical fashion the car started perfectly every time it was near a mechanic! I even bought an obd reader and tried it when the car wouldn’t start but again found no codes.

The car has done 75000 miles and is otherwise in very good condition. I am keen to keep it because I really like it and plus how do you sell a car which doesn’t start?

Has anyone else experienced this issue and managed to resolve it?

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
What year is it. Is it an E11(early) or E12 (later)model. 🙂

·
Registered
820 Posts
Have you ever replaced the fuel filter ?
It could be a long shot but it also may be the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not 100% sure if the fuel filter has been replaced but it had a full service in January, would it have replaced then?

The car wouldn’t start again today and I think the constant attempts to start it have flattened the battery. The battery has been tested and it was fine and like I said it turns over fine but won’t fire up. Glow plugs and glow plug module have been replaced as part of the attempts to fix it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The fuel filter would only be replaced at the specified mileage interval.
Another thought would be to look at the fuel pump which i believe is located in the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As a follow up, the garage have replaced the crank sensor. It seems to be working ok at the moment but I haven’t driven it very far! I will post an update later in the week in case it is useful for others (I certainly browsed a lot of old topics looking for ideas).

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts