Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Having had the joys of scraping the ice off my car at midnight over the last few days I've noticed how inadequate my note's interior heaters are. I can drive 10 miles or so and still get lukewarm air coming out. Is there anywhere I should be looking to resolve this issue? My previous car( mondeo) heating was the other extreme...too bloody warm after a while.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you have the non auto air con version you can move the air blender door towards the interior recirculation setting, about 2/3rds over works on mine. Mine is not very good at heating on journeys less than 10 miles but after ten ish miles it's fine. I don't think yours is faulty though.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if you have the air con only it could well be a broken cable or control is all else fails flush the heater matrix, mines nice and warm with in 4-5 mins no more 10 mins driving and it the inside is at 25-26ºc if i let it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I have the climate control version with digital temp readout. I think my issue might just be down to the outside temp as its 3oC here and I had to turn it down to 21 as it was on HI and too hot.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
read the esm iirc there a way to reset the older climate and it also self diagnoses

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I've got a/c on mine....and as usual, it comes straight on when I start the engine. Travelled 2 miles down to the garage......ice still on the top half of the screen.

Turned off the a/c, and it it blitzed the ice. Why the wife wants the a/c set on all the time, baffles me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ours seems fine. Warms up quickly. Put it on recirculation to help it warm up quicker (with AC off) for the first few minutes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine has manual A/C, I use most of the time when demisting in the morning, heater warms up quickly so don't have a problem.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
Turn the a/c off if you want it warm...I dont understand why the manual insists that it must be ON all the time.
Because the windows mist up quicker than you can say "mist up" without it

I've decided that mine isn't actually cold, just that it has very hot spots, and quite cool spots.
Left ankle hot, head about to explode in the heat, right leg freezing in comparison.
Then any change in direction and all the hot air shoots over to the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The cold doesn't really bother me anyway, I ran a VW Kombi for the best part of 18 years and that had no heating to speak of...oh the joys of scraping the ice off the INSIDE of the windows first thing in the morning

·
Registered
138 Posts
And I did the same too Sneaky..... these people just don't know how well looked after they are these days, but...... I loved the VW type 2's despite the poor heating.......you had to be a 'Cult' person to have one.... I'm sure they saidit was a cult !!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Try driving a rag top Series 2 LWB. Landrover.....then complain about the cold. Brilliant for the snow though, so I can't really complain.

(Sorry Mods, an old fella's ramblings again).

·
Registered
238 Posts
I ride my bike sometimes and the heater is totally crap!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mnl. Mine is same you turn left and that cold air swings in at you brrrrEdited by: Tman

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
The footwell heat isn't too good on mine, but all other vents are fine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts