Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I looked at nearly new ex mobility car. The plastic on the sides inside the boot had been scuffed, scratched and gouged by putting in and removing a wheelchair.

The salesman at the main dealer, said he could get a man to come in and retexturise the plastic. Has anyone heard of this, know what it is, knowhow it's done,what it might look like when done?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
thay use a textured paint like material once done you shouldnt see the difference
Its simular to bumper texture paint likethe upol Plastx range

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Smartrepair and other firms of that ilk offer to do this and the results are remarkably good.
AFAIK a surface coating is applied and 'ironed' into place using a textured plate which bonds the coating to the substrate or else the damaged areas are filled, damaged and sprayed.

It's often used to hide the holes on ex-company and public service vehicles where equipment has been removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0az3QvJy_igshows holes being filled.

Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have now been back to see the car that sales rep had done. I can still feel rough edges that have not been sanded down and when I rub my hand over the areas, they seem to show up underneath the "retexturising". It looks like some cockpit shine or some other black shiny stuff has been sprayed over the area. The finish does not look like the video clip you kindly posted. Any idea's how much ish it would cost me to have done elsewhere, ball park figure you know? I don't know much about cars to be honest, I am a lady with not much experience of cars.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Tiggy
As prices vary wildly from area to area and from supplier to supplier I would do a search for 'smart repairs' on Google and get a few local prices. It might be worth chatting up the dealer to ask who they use.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Mine is ex motability, and the boot is knocked about too. Par for the course I reckon.
TBH I tend to knock the boot about putting stuff in and having it slide around anyway, so I'm not bothered, you cant see it from the driver's seat

If it offends you walk away and buy another, there are loads about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts