Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a problem the boot light wont go out all the other interior lights are out all doors are closed but for some reason boot light stays on. We waited for 10 mins but no joy anyone had this before or knows how to fix it?>

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
did you have the back seat down to see it ?, prob a duff switch, pull the bulb so it doesnt flatted the battery
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
168 Posts
I found that we had a problem with one of the interior lights staying on. So they were therefore left in the 'off' position, however one result was that it did mean the boot light was staying on. So my question to you first of all would be, are the interior lights behaving normally? i.e. you can leave them in the 'on' position where they come on when you open the doors, and go off properly when you turn the ignition on?

If so I suppose you need a new boot lock assembly (ebay) - the switching mechanism is part of the locking mechanism.

here's the thread about my problem:
http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/interior-lights-staying-on_topic396.html

Edited by: coolhands

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
well the first thing to try is disconnect the battery for 10-15 mins and let the bmc and ecu reset
on mine the lights dim when you shut the car door than fade to offf within 30-60 sec's

As above the switch for the boot light is built into the boot electronics

Edited by: flash22

1 - 4 of 4 Posts