Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

unfortunately I have P0011 ODB error

I have done a thorough search of the forum for threads on this issue, and whilst they have been very helpful (thank you) they don't point me towards where I could possibly purchase a replacement valve?

I've googled it a thousand times and I've found an IVT for every other make of car, but the E12

I've tried ebay too, but the same result, although I did find these for the Qashqai...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-GB-Official-Store/?_nkw=&_nkw=&_fsub=&_nkw=solenoid&submit=SEARCH&LH_TitleDesc=1

I doubt they're the same as what I need? And they seem pretty pricey too...

Any help would be much appreciated, I've had a go at getting the valve out to try and clean it but it was a real struggle, and I didn't want to force it too much, break it and then be left without one at all....

Actually if someone just happened to have the part number handy so then I could look it up, as I say I didn't manage to remove mine so don't even have that info...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After an evening spent trawling the web, I've settled on23796-3HD0A as the part number I'm looking for, now just to try and locate one....

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
So what is the results for a "P0011" error?
what is an "IVT"?

If it's a case that you have searched every where for one, but cannot find one in your price range, I'm afraid it's a Nissan Stealer trip for you
How much have you found an IVT for, and how much do Nissan want?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bunch of robbing barstweards, the part number has been altered to 23796-3HD2A. The old part cost £90+VAT, on the new part number it is £448 + VAT. I can't even get the car looked at by my local dealer for a fortnight as he has 6 recoveries in and another 3 arriving today. I'm fit to cry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having phoned round various dealers they are each selling 1-2 per month, my mechanic says in his career he has only changed one (any make) in his career. He thinks the number they are selling is very high and there must be a problem.

I have bought the part in Germany for £136 (well I hope it is the correct part, will have to wait and see).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to add an update to this if anyone has a similar problem.

The part finally arrived (10 days which was a PITA) and was fitted by my mechanic with a lot of blood, sweat and tears, half the VVT solenoid remained in the block. Engine mounting bolt undone, engine jacked up to allow him to get a bolt on to the remains and then use a sliding hammer to get the rest out.

Car is now running fine.

Moral of this story is frequent oil changes are a must on this engine. Cost was minimal compared to a trip to the dealer.

For reference I bought the part from here:- https://www.online-teile.com/nissan-ersatzteile/

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi "Hintza" Many thanks for coming back on your results, glad your back on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My E12 went into limp mode and local garage read the code as P0011. Only bought 3 months ago and done less than 1000 miles in my hands (28,000 total). Now awaiting dealer's attention after RAC Nissan recovery but probably no answer until New Year according to their Service Manager! It is under Nissan 'Ultimate??!!' warranty but have to say customer service from original supplier was cr*p and that from Customer Support not much better. Lost a whole day standing around in a car park, miles from home because the RAC Patrol had to determine if it was roadside repairable or not before they would do a recovery. After nine hour wait he arrived, my local garage guy told him it was a P0011 fault and his immediate response was that it was a recovery to nearest dealer !!****!!!. which we had been telling them since 9am. I am not a happy bunny!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bunch of robbing barstweards, the part number has been altered to 23796-3HD2A. The old part cost £90+VAT, on the new part number it is £448 + VAT. I can't even get the car looked at by my local dealer for a fortnight as he has 6 recoveries in and another 3 arriving today. I'm fit to cry.
Hi Hintza
Could you do me a favour and check the part number for me..have been to the German site you mention and what looks like a headlight unit shows up
Many thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts