Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Note owners,
i'm looking at being unfaithful to vauxhall (past three cars) and am looking around at a range of cars to change to.I have several questions and hope you may be able to help with some or all of them (sorry if questions are basic knowledge!)

1) 1.6 petrol engine-cam belt or chain-if belt what is recommended change age/mileage?

2)drivers seat comfort on longer journeys (I am 6'2" and large frame)

3)paint finish in general and any corrosion problems on older cars?

4)any known problems I should be aware of with the 1.6 petrol engine(I will most likely be looking to get one of the models with the 15" wheels as I know the 16" tyres are limited choice)

5)spare wheel -I hate space saver idea but not as much as "the can of gunk fix" !! if not full sized spare, is there room for one?

6)how to dealer servicing cost compare to other manufacturers, or are independant garages ok to use with the note?

Can't think of any more questions at the mo' , any feedback gratefully received

Thanks in advance, Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the 1.6 is chain driven but there quite.(i had a 1.4 corsa D 08 plate what a heap that engine was) nissan engines are strong not sure about the diesel tho as its a renault lump like any engine you look after it and it will serve you well, as with any chain engine good clean oil is a must
servcing depends on you aera 1st year cost me 190 2nd was330 inc a tyre (main stealer) backstreet garage will be half that tbh, parts are cheap even oem ones

paint wise i havent seen a rotten one yet iirc the note comes with a 9 year corrosion warrenty but i can see the rear lower arch being a problem 15 years down the line or more if its not looked after

Interior wise the seats are good if its beenused for short journeysthe bottom cushion on the drivers seat can sink at the back, i'm 6'1" with long arms and legs its one of a few cars i feel i can drive and sort of distance

most cars build since 04 onwards use space savers i would rather have one that a can of spray muck the note has a space saver, theres plent of tyre choice for the 16" alloys now not many places keep a set on the shelf but can get them next day i got a set of yokohamas a few weeks ago for 85 a corner fitted with a bit of discount

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi
1) camchain fitted and don't touch it unless it breaks or rattles excessively (timely oil and filter changes will prevent this)

2) you'll have to decide that one but I'm 6ft and long journeys compared to vectra's are OK

3) Paint seems fine from the older versions I see

4) there are enough 16" tyres around now not to cause a problem

5) It is a space saver but there is room to fit a full size 16" wheel but you lose the flat bottom to the lower storage area

6) can't answer that one as I do all my own service work, It's not a difficult car to work so a good indie should serve you well.

regards

dave s

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its the only car that i can stretch out in as in if i sit on the passenger seat and stretch my legs out to the drivers foot well, its easy to relax when not driving, or alternatively i found flattening the passenger seat all the way down so almost bed like then away u sleep.Im 6'4" have size twelve feet(which are a pain ) plus am of a larger frame too , and my Nissan Note is the best car so far in 24years of driving as as many cars.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes, I'm 14'6" at the shoulder and weigh in excess of 5 tons, but there is plenty of room in my Note to stretch out and relax...even on trunk roads.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Im so suprised that you (sneaky) replies to anything on here, due to the fact that Elephants are scared of mice, dont you use one with your computer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Spartacus - I am six foot three and find the car completely comfortable! Pleanty of room to stretch your legs and good support for back and thighs.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
greenplane said:
Im so suprised that you (sneaky) replies to anything on here, due to the fact that Elephants are scared of mice, dont you use one with your computer?
It's all a vicious LIE about the mice, spread by those treacherous rhinos...it's BEES we elephants are afraid of. Get one up your trunk and you will know why.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1.6 auto Tekna gives me just over 30mpg around town and to work and back, quite good for an auto,
a lot of Notes suffer a slight squeel from the fan belt on initial startup, nothing to worry about unless it goes on for more than a second or two,

2 things i find irritating about the note is the lack of storage inside the car, the centre console in my last car held a mirriad of bits which there is nowhere in the Note for and the other is that the back of my lower leg tends to ache a bit, think thats just me as no-one else seems to report the same.

Tyres are expensive and as already mentioned are a little light on the shelves, can be got quick enough but most places are asking £125 each for Conti`s,
i got my tyre at Kwik Fit on the 25% off deal and it cost me £105 for 1 tyre.

budget tyres were quoted at £85 so i stuck with the conti to keep all 4 the same.

good on motorways except in really windy exposed areas, as its a box type car it catches the wind a bit more than others, mpg up into the mid 40`s on motorway runs

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
paperman said:
1.6 auto Tekna gives me just over 30mpg around town and to work and back, quite good for an auto,
Mine too.
The MPG meter reckons 36.7mpg, but checking actual fuel used against known mileage (not the optimistic speedo miles) I got 31.5 MPG out of the last tankfull.

Not as good as I hoped, got more than that from the 2litre vectra auto on the same commute, used to get 17mpg from the RangeRover

·
Registered
109 Posts
im basing mine on what the car is showing in the mpg bit, havent bothered to work it out properly, all i know is it costs £50 ish to fill from light on to full, £20 less than my last car and it lasts just as long...
normally lasts me 2 full weeks, good enough.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can get hexa forceums for £72 a corner and i got yokohamas c-drives for 85 fitted imho there 100 times better than the soft as chesse conti's also my mpg has gone up by 4 mpg
independent tire places are well worth a visit

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<DIV align=center>
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1pt solid; WIDTH: 98%; : white; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1pt solid; mso-cellspacing: .7pt; mso-border-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt; mso-padding-alt: 2.25pt 2.25pt 2.25pt 2.25pt" =MsonormalTable border=1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="98%">
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 11.25pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; : #fbfbfd; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt" vAlign=top rowSpan=2>
<A name=4113></A>SneakyElephant <?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape><a href="http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/drop_down.png"></v:></v:shape>

<a href="http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/3_star_rating.png"></v:></v:shape>
<a href="http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/sneakyelephant/avatar.jpg" target="_blank"></v:></v:shape>

<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; : #fbfbfd; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" vAlign=top>
</TD></TR>
<TR style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 150pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; : #fbfbfd; HEIGHT: 150pt; BORDER-TOP: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; mso-border-alt: solid #E1E3EC .25pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid #E1E3EC .75pt" vAlign=top>
Yes, I'm 14'6" at the shoulder and weigh in excess of 5 tons, but there is plenty of room in my Note to stretch out and relax...even on trunk roads. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

f.a.o. Mr E.L.E.Phant
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your recent correspondence, it was most reassuring to find that you have ample room in your automobile.
As an aside, how many elephants can you get in a Nissan Note?
I am confident that you will receive this reply via the Jungle Postal Service, and I eagerly await your response.
Your obedient servant
Spartacus1961

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Flash
I have a 1.6 Tekna Auto on a 2008 plate could you please tell me if this model is also chain driven
Thank you Regards Gordy

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
spartacus1961 said:
<div align="center">
<t>
</t><table style="border-width: 1pt; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb204, 204, 204; width: 151px; height: 200px;" =msonormaltable="" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
<t><tr style="HEIGHT: 11.25pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes">
<td style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; : #fbfbfd; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt" rowspan="2" valign="top">
<a name="4113"></a>SneakyElephant </v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/drop_down.png</v:shape>http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/drop_down.png<a href="http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/drop_down.png">

</a><a href="http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/drop_down.png">
</v:shape></a><a href="http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_images/3_star_rating.png">
</v:shape></a><a href="http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/sneakyelephant/avatar.jpg" target="_blank">

<td style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; : #fbfbfd; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" valign="top">
</td></tr>
<tr style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 150pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes">
<td style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; : #fbfbfd; HEIGHT: 150pt; BORDER-TOP: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e1e3ec 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; mso-border-alt: solid #E1E3EC .25pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid #E1E3EC .75pt" valign="top">
Yes, I'm 14'6" at the shoulder and weigh in excess of 5 tons, but there is plenty of room in my Note to stretch out and relax...even on trunk road</td></tr></t></table>

f.a.o. Mr E.L.E.Phant
Dear Sir,

As an aside, how many elephants can you get in a Nissan Note?

Your obedient servant
Spartacus1961
The answer is obvious...FIVE ( two in the front, two in the back...and one in the TRUNK)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts