Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here. I've Had my Note a couple months and it soon started creaking on the passenger side. At first I thought it was the strut so I replaced both. My cars done nearly 70k so they are probably getting a bit tired anyway. Nope, Still creaking.
Finally 2 new strut mount bearings and a good greasing of the mounts themselves fixed it.Creaking gone at last! Advice is to align after new struts so I had the toe in alignment done and was told the track rod ends were shot and maybe the inners. Since I had the alignment it started ratting from the front on both sides over small bumps and uneven surfaces, most of the time really. Sometimes it bangs a bit on the left too but that started before I did the suspension work. I thought track rod ends would fix it but if anything its worse now.

So the next step is to fit inner track rods I think . Which brings me to my questions.

btw I have a 1.4 E11 tec+ reg 2013

Can anyone confirm the inner track rods have flats on to get a tool on? I was reading on a Micra forum that some models are round with no flats and supposed to be replaced with the rack. The Note might be different tell me its true!. I can't find the info online and the service manual I have doesn't give removal instructions or torque settings. Aftermarket parts are available and seem to have flats (I've ordered some delphis otw) but originals might be different. Also would I need to use locking compound refitting? I could have a look but I dont want to take my car to bits again until I'm ready to do the work.

Any ideas or advice appreciated. Could it be something else ?

·
Registered
958 Posts
At 70k i wouldn't assume the inner track rods need replacing. Ok the car may have been driven hard for all you know but I'd be inclined to check for play in the joints first and if no play is present leave them be. My note is the later model, but I've seen plenty of posts on here regarding rattle/wear from other suspension joints particularly anti roll bar drop links and bushes. You may find advise in the search area. Otherwise someone else may advise you further/better. A Haines manual could also help if you don't already have one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts