Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been driving the first-generation Nissan Note for nearly 7 years. First I had a 2007 SE, but for the last 4 years I've been driving (and loving) my 2012 ntec+. It's a superb car - extremely practical, reasonably comfortable and with a nice level of tech for it's day - not least a good sounding stereo.
However, the Note is beginning to get a little tired and since it's impossible to get a newer version of this model, I'm wondering what to look at as a potential replacement car in the coming 6 months. I don't like the mark 2 Note and while I did look at the Juke, I'm put off by the lack of space in the back & boot and also some horror stories I've read on the Juke owners forum about the timing chain on the 1.2 DIG-T engine; so it looks like I'm going to have to depart from Nissan.
So here's my question: what car would share similar features with my ntec+ Note: reliability, practicality (space for people and things), good tech, running costs and high enough to make it easy to get in and out of, but not so high that I need a ladder?
Thanks.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I switched to a B-max and have not looked back, far superior in every way to the Note. As th eB-max was superceded by the Ecosport that may be a car worth looking at.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We had a Mk 2 Note and really liked it but as the MIL aged it became very difficult for her to get into the higher seating position, not all infirmed people can cope with a MPV/SUV despite what you read.

We had a Skoda and having had good service from it decided to take a look at the Fabia Estate. It had a huge boot and its footprint is not much bigger than a Note. Best bit is the height adjustable passenger seat is standard in the spec we looked at. Booked a test drive.

The dealer cocked up because when we arrived it was a hatch he had ready for us to take for the morning and not the estate. Not happy but decided to make the best of the free petrol. But they had done us a favour. The car was plenty big enough for the wife needs and the boot took her mothers wheelchair with no problem (as well as holding a full size spare in the underfloor well). Bought the 1.0 TSi 110PS SE-L 2.5 years ago and its been great. Discounts at the time were huge, we bought via a broker and with the discount and finance contribution (paid off immediately) got £5000 off.

So if you need space and a good drive and rekliability try the Fabia. If you need more space try the estate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies guys.
I really like the Ford Ecosport, but it's a no-go because of the side-opening tail gate which would be completely impractical for me. I am very interested in the Fabia, but haven't got to have a good look round one yet (what with lock-down and everything). Is it lower down than the Note in terms of getting in and out of?
I was also thinking about a Citroen C3 Aircross - anyone any thoughts on that model?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts