Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I know I've only been on here less than a week, and I hope I don't offend anyone, butI have a suggestion to put forward.

As mentioned in my introduction, I used to be a member of a thriving forum when I had my previous motor, aPeugeot 206. I used their For Sale section on numerous occasions for various bits and bobs, both as a buyer and a seller, and it was a very well organised board with some sensible guidelines for the adverts. As this forum is so new it might be worth suggesting some for the section on here, as I think it makes sense to sort these things out form the start, nothing draconian, even if it's just how the thread titles are formatted to make things clear.

What do you think?

[dons tin hat and awaits flaming]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Do you mean have a standard format for ads.? Year, model, part, colour - that sort of thing? That would make it easier for readers. I suppose.

·
Registered
181 Posts
And this isn't one of those forums where we think "new members should defer, etc.". We're all still learning about the Note - even the makers - and this is still avery new forum, so feel free to make any suggestions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old Frank said:
Do you mean have a standard format for ads.? Year, model, part, colour - that sort of thing? That would make it easier for readers. I suppose.

Yeah, that sort of thing. Even having FOR SALE replaced with SOLD shows the live deals from the dead ones (or moved into a sub-thread even). If I get a chance I'll copy and paste the other forum's guidelines as a starter for ten.

Old Frank said:
And this isn't one of those forums where we think "new members should defer, etc.". We're all still learning about the Note - even the makers - and this is still avery new forum, so feel free to make any suggestions.

TBH that's kind of what I thought, but I've seen one or two put out faces before on forums and didn't want to risk it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi chaps,

I've popped over to the 206 boards and cut n paste their guidelines for review and comments. Obviously the 206 boards are aimed at a different user base and their guidelines reflect that, and I wouldn't necessarily thinnk they'd need to be as rigid on here. Afterall we're all adults, right?!

Welcome to the For Sale section.

If you have something you wish to sell, this is the section for you.
Please make sure you have read and understood the following rules, and
make sure your posts adhere to them. Please also ensure you have posted
in the correct section.

Rules for this section.

You must have at least 50 posts to post or reply in this section. Your
posts will be removed if you are seen posting simply to reach the
required post count.

You may not sell anything that is illegal, including illegal car
modifications, pirate material, offensive material, counterfeit items,
weapons, human body parts, etc.

Every item MUST have a reasonable price. You cannot leave it open to offers or have anonymous bids.

Only post if you are either selling or interested in buying. Anything else will be removed.

A sale is only complete once the buyer and seller are both happy and
have goods/cash. The seller must then PM a member of staff to have the
thread moved to the 'Completed Transactions section'. Editing the topic
title to read "SOLD" or similar is also helpful

You MUST own the item to sell. We don't want random ebay items and cars for sale spamming the forum just to 'show people'.

Spam posting of wholesale goods is prohibited. Please report any you see.

Only one thread allowed in the for sale section per member/item.

NO bumping of threads unless it is off the first page or 72 hours has lapsed since the last bump/post.

All threads which have been inactive for 21 days will be deleted.

Paying via gift payments on Paypal are prohibited on this web site.
Members are reminded that Paypal cannot help you retrieve any money back
using this method if you get scammed.

It is insisted that proof of postage and any mail tracking numbers
should be passed onto buyers. This is peace of mind for the buyer that
the item has been sent and a good measure for the seller to fall back
upon should the item not show up. A scan or photograph should suffice
for this purpose

Please Note:

Scammers do operate on public forums and members are reminded to take
precaution when purchasing from anyone on this forum. Payment methods
such as paypal are useful however is not always fool proof. The best
payment method is cash on collection where possible. 206info and its
staff members will not be held responsible for anyone who has been
scammed. Buy at your own risk - you have been warned!

As I said, it seemed to work quite well over there and it was a thriving For Sale section that needed more careful monitoring for the protection of the board users.

Cheers,

Shindig

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Thanks - as mentioned above I'm more than happy to listen to suggestions, I see this as a place for all of us, with input welcomed from everyone.

I'll look at putting something together

p.s - you can't sell human body parts on a car forum?! What's the world coming to?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
And I was thinking of selling my neighbour bit by bit, ah well it'll have to be Ebay then!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts