Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But didn’t find it very user-friendly, hence the long rant, sorry....

Mrs B came home from shopping today, and said a warning light had come on the Note’s dashboard - ‘looked like a cup with a stick in’ (technical expert, my missus), but it was a good description of the tyre pressure warning light, I have to admit!

NSF tyre was indicated, so I checked that one first, and yes, a couple of lbs down. While I had the gauge and compressor out I checked the rest, and adjusted them as necessary, but the light stayed on, even though the manual (sect 6.7 iirc) said correcting the pressures would erase it.

So I checked the tyre again, actually putting a bit more air in, just for if my gauge didn’t agree with the car, but no, the light stayed on.

By this time it was raining, so I took the manual indoors, to read it again, and eventually, ignoring the contents list and index, I finally found another reference to the system buried in another section. Ah, to extinguish the light, drive the car upwards of 25kph! So I did this, but the light stubbornly stayed on. By now I was thinking it was a fault in the system, which, the manual said, was a dealer job to fix.

What the flamin’ manual didn’t say was that the light would only go off when you stopped the engine after the 25kph plus run, which it did when I stopped to check the manual again!

If I hadn’t stopped to check, I might still be driving, trying to get the light to go off........

Edit: I did correct the overinflation, before anyone reminds me.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good job you did stop otherwise you could be in Scotland by now lol.
Nice bit of info tho if anyone else has the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,934 Posts
Another problem of an indicater I will never have. Except when the tyre runs flat.:eek::LOL:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts