Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up people,
Don't know if its a misprint but I have just ordered one of these for collection from store:-

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_700426_langId_-1_categoryId_255225#tab1

not used it before, but got good reviews-meant to be as good or better than Rain x, and its a bigger bottle (as we all know size matters!)

price on amazon market place seller £7.99, fleabay £8.99 Halfrauds £4.99 (every little counts-or did I justcontradict the above saying?)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi people
the link above does not seem to be working for some reason.

You might have to do the long version-Halfords site then search for :-

<H2>Turtle Wax ClearVue Rain Repellent </H2>

good luck

Sorry did not mean to shout-computer my be having a break down

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
links working for me, going to try some rainX next time im up the shop(s)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've been using RAIN X for years and lasts quite some time once applied, it would be interesting to tell if the cheaper version lasts as well or is as good as Rain X.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Spartacus, mine lasts for a couple months with excellent performance then slowly degrades over 3 more months, just enough to remind you to re apply it, so for most purposes 2 applications per year are Ok for me, if yoy want Rally race performance all the time then 4 or more per year will do it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mdvineng,
Thanks for the advice on application of these types of product.

I will be picking the bottle of clearvueup early next week, and will give feedback once i have had a go with it!

Thanks again Spartacus

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
This might be a daft question..........but has anyone used this product(or similar), on the paintwork on the front, to help prevent insect bodies sticking like s**t to a blanket.

My front end looks like it's been got at with a shotgun full of flies.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
It is an absolute sod to get off paintwork if it dries!!

A bi-monthly application of Mer makes the insects a breeze to get off with just warm water.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Nigel B said:
It is an absolute sod to get off paintwork if it dries!!

A bi-monthly application of Mer makes the insects a breeze to get off with just warm water.

That's a NO then.

Mer it is. Usually use Turtle Zip wash & wax, but those little swines still need a good rubbing to shift them.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Rain x is for glass primarily and not paintwork, use it on your house windows inside and out, they stay clean for along time especially the kitchen ones

1 - 12 of 12 Posts