Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys'n'gals<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Really miss not having a temperature gauge to keep a beady eye on.
Looking at the options available. As far as I can see I can:-
1) Get a stand alone electric temperature gauge installed.
2) Fit a permanent OBII connected gauge such as ScanGaugeII
3) Install a Bluetooth connected gauge Garmin EcoRoute HD which plugs into the OBII port and then link via Bluetooth to either a smart phone running the relevant app, which I don't have, or a suitable Garmin sat nav ""“which I do have.
I have done a forum search, and in one of the threads in Jan 2012 <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">mdvineng [/B]was talking about buying one of the EcoRoute HD devices-If you're reading this mdvineng, did you get one in the end? And if so how easy was it to fit (some photos would be great) as I cannot see how it can be fitted on the Note without leaving off full time the OBII/Fuses access cover? Also if you did get one how useful do you find it, and how reliable? and bottom line is it worth it!

Any other forum members who can give me their thoughts or experiences on any of the above choices I would be very pleased to hear.
As always thank you in advance for any replies
All the best Spartacus 1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
How's your 'cubby pod' project going flash?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
err um yes, not done much, done a bit to my spare grille tho as with the pod its on it umpteenth design/tweek
im having an issue with the primer and the special filler as im getting a edge ghostingeven though its feathered

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
spartacus1961 said:
Hi guys'n'gals<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Really miss not having a temperature gauge to keep a beady eye on.
Looking at the options available. As far as I can see I can:-
1) Get a stand alone electric temperature gauge installed.
2) Fit a permanent OBII connected gauge such as ScanGaugeII
3) Install a Bluetooth connected gauge Garmin EcoRoute HD which plugs into the OBII port and then link via Bluetooth to either a smart phone running the relevant app, which I don't have, or a suitable Garmin sat nav ""“which I do have.
I have done a forum search, and in one of the threads in Jan 2012 <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">mdvineng [/b]was talking about buying one of the EcoRoute HD devices-If you're reading this mdvineng, did you get one in the end? And if so how easy was it to fit (some photos would be great) as I cannot see how it can be fitted on the Note without leaving off full time the OBII/Fuses access cover? Also if you did get one how useful do you find it, and how reliable? and bottom line is it worth it!

Any other forum members who can give me their thoughts or experiences on any of the above choices I would be very pleased to hear.
As always thank you in advance for any replies
All the best Spartacus 1961
Hi, sorry for not completing that one
as other projects, mostly work related have been occupying my spare time and brain and I have got to that age where going upstairs for somethingand not knowing what it was when I get there.I got half way to making a micro pod unit until I then saw the garmin sender unit and asI had just purchased a sat navbut seem to rarely use it, I didn't go any further but from feedback on other sites etc it seems to function just fine as to fitting it there are videos available on youtube etc you can leave the fuse door on but need to tiewrap it in place, not elegant but you'd only see it when cleaning out the footwell.I then bought a micro bluetooth OBDII of ebay (see item# 200891096856) fits in just fine, haven't tried it with the Garmin but it works very well with my android unit (Samsung wifi 4.2) if I remember to take it with mebut to be absolutely honest the car will let me know if the car is too hot or cold but not the trend and this also reminds me of a faultI had many years ago, there was a loss of coolant via the head as it turned out but the gauge failed to signal the temperature rise due to there being no water any more where the sensor was located, so even old style gauges are not fool proof, I look at my gauges etc as frequently as prescribed by IAM (most of the time)and to be honest you could easily miss a trend on the gauge, it all comes down to confidence in the car and the longer I've had my Note the more it grows.
p.s. the Eco route was more than the samsung and only does one thing. I will get around to checking out the Nissan connect 3 via elm327 when the weather improves but at the momentI have to concentrate on the research projects here at the University (LATEST2)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ive had that problem of forgetting things since my mid 20's, the one what gets me at the mo is getting sidetracked

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
sidetracking is the one that gets you allright, it becomes impossible to remember your first track.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:Word>
<!-->

Hi Guys,

Got to say
sorry to Mdvineng for not replying to
his reply to my question, you raised some very valid points and gave me much
food for thought!

Especially
your point about the tasks the eco route can perform compared to its cost.

So I am now
investigating getting a ""smart phone""� with the relevant app to use.

Thank you
again for your reply

All the best
Spartacus1961

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<!-->

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the tomtom android app is £40.99, but you can use google maps whats free and the built in gps in the phone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
I bought Garmin EcoRoute hD couple moths ago, and is nothing but a problem ever since, ER HD is not! compatible with Nissan Note car CPU, opposite what Garmin web site say ( compatible and tested ), you can find a info on Garmin website that ER HD is not compatible with any Renault cars, but that what Note is!, you will get coolant temp and few other info but only few, when module itself offer more then 20 available info from your car CPU. over all is not worth the money just to get that. I use HR HD with a Garmin GPS and Garmin smart phone app.
Hope that help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts