Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read recently on one of the forums here (can't remember which post) a comment that said that there was a problem with extra clutch wear when a driver used a hydraulic operated clutch as you would a cable operated clutch. I was unaware there was a difference. My question is Why would this be? What technique should be used when operating a hydraulic clutch? Do us old hands need to re-learn how to drive these modern fangled motorcars :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
none of the notes have a cable clutch, a cable clutch has a feel to it, the hydraulic systemcan have less of that feel and its all to easy toride the clutch with very little pressure
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Don't worry Crunchie, up to a few months ago, I thought the Note had a throttle cable
, not a fly by wire. Somebody was asking about the delay of the throttle when the foot had been removed.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Never heard that before

When I am out in The Other Car and I have to mess with the gears, I always keep my foot off the clutch pedal when I'm not actually messing with the lever.

Took The Other Car to work in the rush hour last week, all that messing doesn't half slow you down, by the time I've tickled the throttle to about 1500, got the pedal up to the bite, up& down simultaneously and got the thing rolling there is about 50 metres between me and the car in front, (not 50cm and me with my foot on the brake like normal
)

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
flash22 said:
I think I remember the thread - it was about old fluid and moisture in the line

Thanks for all your replies. I can see how the old fluid and moisture would cause problems. and you are right about the "feel" between cable and hydraulic not that you mention it.
Ahh, well I remember periodically adjusting the clutch cable on most of my early cars and packing shims behind the lever to compensate for stretched cables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts