Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As a newbie I hope I have posted to the right place.

Yesterday we took the wheel off our note to check the brakes (squeaking sound) they were fine. However on putting the wheel back on it would seem the thread in one of the hub holes is buggered so they bolt goes in but turns with no resistance.

Does anyone know how much a new hub costs or whether they come as an assembly? I have seen that some Nissan's come as an assembly for over £400

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
276 Posts
As far as I know you can get individual parts and shouldn't have to buy an 'assembly'. A call to a friendly local stealer's parts department should confirm that.Is it front or rear?
You need to determine exactly where the problem is - it *could* just be a wheel bolt that has stripped.
There is a "wheel bearing kit" (that looks suspiciously like a rear hub to me) on ebay HERE for £20!
You should also be able to get parts like these from a breaker.

Oh - and (hopefully) needless to say - DON'T drive it with a wheel bolt missing!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
cheapest repair would be to have a Helicoil insert fitted, these are good and reliable and can be done with only having to remove the wheel and nothing else unless it's the rear wheel, in which case the drum needs to be removed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies!

A helicoil could be an excellent option.

The wheel bolt isn't stripped and is still in the wheel.

I phoned a local parts place and thy said to speak to a dealer too.

Why do things have to happen on a bank holiday??

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You need a GOOD local independent garage who would have a helicoil in before you could say @how much?' A dealer won't probably even offer that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts