Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think the HR12DR is a straight 3 and 4 cylinder engine and the HR12DDR is the supercharged version.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
There isn't a HR12DR, the HR12DE is the normally aspirated the HR12DDR is the supercharged as Sineu says

Reactions: kptg

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
38 Posts
You may found some sources on the Internet mentioning HR12DR, but they actually wanted to refer to HR12DDR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isn't a HR12DR, the HR12DE is the normally aspirated the HR12DDR is the supercharged as Sineu says
I rang Bristol street Nissan and they told me that the engine code is HR12DR when I gave them the reg but can’t find anything anywhere saying they do such an engine

·
Registered
157 Posts
As stated above the standard 1.2 triple is the HR12DE and the supercharged version is the HR12DDR

For the record the 1.2 turbo engine used in the Note, Qashqai and Pulsar was known as the HR12DDT

Other than the similarity of the codes I believe the 3 and 4 cylinder engines have no common ancestry. Renault never used the 3 cylinder engines in any of their cars, the triple they use in the Clio was only 900cc (now 1000 I think) and is known as the H4BT. It may be realeted to the 1200 turbo since they are both renault engines and if you knock a cylinder off the 1.2 4 cylinder you do end up with a 900 triple.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the reply it’s just no description properly on eBay on an engine that’s advertised as HR12 nothing else but it’s out of a micra .this is the engine

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
38 Posts
It is clearly HR12DDR to me.
May I ask what happened to this engine?
And have you looked through the holes (near the oil stick) to see if there is carbon build-up on intake valves?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts