Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever lost the one touch on your drivers window ? this how you get it back............
turn the ignition on so the light are on the dash or start the engine

press the window switch so the window winds all the way down then hold the button down for 10 secs

now close the window up on the second click/notch once the window is close hold the button up for 10 seconds

Your windows should now be programmed

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
245 Posts
Useful one Flash nice one, it was a similar process on my 350z

·
Registered
114 Posts
2011 vintage of my car. The driver side window goes down automatically, but up only manually. The window was re-programmed in both directions.

The service said that the factory like that. This is difficult to believe this stupidity.

What can I do?

Edited by: Papo

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it should work if you follow the above instructions try holding the button for 15-20 sec when fully open and fully closed

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i take it your holding it on the second click/notch ??

·
Registered
114 Posts
flash22 said:
i take it your holding it on the second click/notch ??
Lowering / pull-up, and I continually pressed the button for 10 seconds.

I suspect that the factory setting is changed (as well as the clock on the Combination Meter). This is also referred to the service center.

Edited by: Papo

·
Registered
114 Posts
flash22 said:
... try holding the button for 15-20 sec when fully open and fully closed
Hooray, I managed. Holding the button for 30 seconds. OK Up and down.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If you stick your head out of the window, and one touch it up, it should stop and reverse when it traps your neck- who is daft enough to try

The manual up windows won't as you would be after the Darwin award if you keep it going up with your head out of it.

So if the window keeps inexplicably reversing back down, check the tracks for obstructions/dirt

·
Registered
19 Posts
The instructions on how to do this are in the owners manual
Luckily I checked before I complained to the dealer that they had broken my window whilst fixing my leak

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
katieb said:
The instructions on how to do this are in the owners manual
Luckily I checked before I complained to the dealer that they had broken my window whilst fixing my leak
There here for quick reference as not every one has, cant find or cant be bothered to look in the manual

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes lads only on this site a few minutes and your info has helped me out already. Window is working fine now. who do i send the money to. ha ha. Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
another way to sort the switch is to take it out of the arm rest and dismantle it clean it and put it all back together and it works, well it did for me!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is the drivers window supposed to come all the way up and down on the '2nd click'?

I have a 2008 acenta and it only works going down. Going up it only works holding it manually all the way on either click.

I tried holding for 10 secs both ways, nothing. Then I tried 25 ish secs, and the window wouldn't work at all. I then turned off the engine and on again, and the window moved a bit then stopped. Tried again to move it when I arrived home and it went up.

Still have to go up manually though.

Edited by: chrissyw28

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sometimes there are issues with the switch its self the drivers switch is a open contact design this can get gunged uphave a look here http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/drivers-door-window-switch-dissection_topic1227.html .

If you hold the switch all the down this sets theauto up and visa versa.
simplest thing you can do it unplug theswitchthis resets the electronics in the switch that controls the auto window - see the How to, change your speakers in the How To forum
Edited by: flash22

1 - 20 of 32 Posts