Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a how to. on how to replace the front door speakers<div abp="902">
<div abp="903">what you will need........................
<div abp="904">
<div abp="905">A trim clip tool + a soft cloth
<div abp="906">1 small flat blade and 1 philips screwdriver
<div abp="907">10mm socket mit ratchetor 10mm spanner
<div abp="908">
<div abp="909">Nissan Micra K12 16.5cm (165mm)speaker adapters (Autoleads No. SAK-3301)
<div abp="910">Set of component speakers
<div abp="911">
<div abp="912">

<div abp="914">
<div abp="915">1. Remove the tweeter (top left of the door card) there are2 clips 1 at the top and one at the bottom use the trim tool to pop the tweeter housing/trimout, unplug the tweeter and put to one side (The tweeter is held to the trim by 2 screws and a metal plate)
<div abp="916">
<div abp="917">2. You need to remove the silver trim, pull the handle and you will see the gap on the inner edgeto put you trim tool theres 1 at the at the top and 1 at the bottomthe trim just unclips
<div abp="918">
<div abp="919">3.Now for the switches, insert the trim tool under the front edge about 30mm from the frontand lift, its just on a spring clip, lift out and disconnect the plugs
<div abp="920">
<div abp="921">4.Door Pull, look in the botton of the door pull you will see a bung pop this out (thin flat blade will do) you will then see a screw undo this and remove the Door pull.
<div abp="922">
<div abp="923">NOW the door card is held by clips only start at the bottom left corner with the trim tool untill you can get your hands in and it just pulls off
<div abp="924">
<div abp="925">The mid speaker is held by 3 10mm bolts undo these and unclip the wiring...... job done !!!
<div abp="926">
<div abp="927">All you need to do now is put the adapters on the speakers and wire them up and bolt them in
<div abp="928">
<div align="center" abp="929"><strong abp="930">TEST YOUR NEW SPEAKERS BEFORE PUTTING IT ALL BACK TOGETHER[/b]
<div abp="932">
<div abp="933">
<div abp="934">The passenger door is the same you just need to work right to left in the same order
<div abp="935">
<div abp="936">
<div abp="937">
<div abp="938"><strong abp="939">Please note the max depth of speaker is 65-70mm unless you make up an mdf ring behind the speaker adapter (you will need longer bolts if you do)[/b]
<div abp="940">
<div abp="941">Any questions please ask

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a few more pic's<div abp="873">
<div abp="874">
<div abp="875">I havent yet found any speaker adapter leads to suit so it looks like thespeaker wires will need to be spliced into (facelift)
<div abp="876">
<div abp="877">

<div abp="879">
<div abp="880">

<div abp="882">
<div abp="883">

<div abp="885">
<div abp="885">

<div abp="885"><br abp="886">
<div abp="888"><br abp="889"><br abp="891">

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bravo Flash, thanks for an in-depth explanation of the whole thing, superb!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great job flash.
Makes the job so much easier. Do you definitely need Micra speaker adaptors or does it just depend on what replacement units you use?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need the adapters thats for sure, if your tight make some out of mdf the oem mount is actually part of the speaker
you can get them off ebay for 12-18 quid, trim tool makes life eaysier,I have a set of skyes pickaventtrim toolsbut there pricey, built to last tho

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have completed a speaker unit replacement today. All went fairly well thanks to Flash's How To guide
Probably best not to do this job when it's really cold as the plastic door card gets really brittle and snapping of various fittings much more likely. I managed to get away with it luckily. Have to report that the Alpine 1750S speakers don't fit the Micra adaptors. About 1.5mm too big. I managed to err, persuade them to fit. You'll need to cut off the old speaker connector and crimp small spade terminals on for all speaker units, as Flash mentioned. Once all back together, the sound is much improved over the OEM units. I kept the original tweeters as couldn't be faffed to make the Alpine units (come in the kit) fit. Don't see how they could make that much difference. Overall, the jobs worth it if you want a cheap but effective sound upgrade. Might have to replace the rears next.....

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only thing would of done is spliced into the speaker wires so not to lose the oem connector
As for the tweets wire them as in the alpine destructions and NOT to the oem wiring

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Alpines didn't have any instructions Flash. Just a picture on the back of the box regarding siting of the units - no detail. The tweeters have two wires each which then separate into four! They end in bullet connectors. Would have a clue how to make them fit the OEM connection plug. Is it really worth the effort to fit them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum having now become the proud owner of a new Nissan Note. I am seriously considering upgrading my speakers. However, I am puzzled in this post that there is continued references to a Nissan Micra, but this is the Note Forum!! Do the Micra Speaker Adaptors also work for Notes? Many thanks.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt.
Nissan Micra K12 16.5cm (165mm)speaker adapters (Autoleads No. SAK-3301) fit the Note.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was doing my speakers there where no adapters listed for the note some places now list them for the note but thay try and charge more for them

The micra k12 adapters work fine but you need to watch out for the depth of the speakers so they don't fowl the glass iirc max of 78mm 82mm at a push if you pack the adapters out from the door

Top tip. Fit the speakers with the windows down it saves headaches late also test the speakers before putting the door back together

I have spent many years installing ice and electronics in cars and you tend to get the feel for how things work and how to set audio up in certain cars

The biggest improvement for the note is sound deadening the doors and around 2 sq foot of the inside door skin behind the speaker

Speaker wise nothing less than 16.5cm (6 1/2") 2 way components will do otherwise your wasting time and moneyEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Nigel and Flash for your very prompt replies. I notice that some online shops selling the adaptors also say they include any necessary wiring harnesses but none of them show any pictures of the wiring.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't come across the wiring adapters yet ,I usually splice into the wiring leaving the standard plugs alone.

A good soldered and insulated/heat shrunk joint is a more reliable connection IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Flash22
Sorry to ask a question about an old post, can I ask when you replaced the woofers & tweeters do you need to install the crossovers that come with the new speakers?
Apologies if it's a stupid question, I am new to this stereo upgrading business and can't find anyone that seems to know much about Nissans.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes use the supplied crossover if your not rewiring the doors take the speaker feed from the mid at the bottom of the door

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice this post, i´m with problems in a speaker off my Nissan Note and i really enjoy this help how to remove de door panel.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got an '08 Note. I'm looking to change my passenger side mirror with casing over this weekend.

Looking at these instructions to access the door, when I remove the tweeter will that give me the access I need to remove the mirror or will I need to remove the door panel as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to dig up this how to, I was planning on doing this replacing this week, however the photos are now blocked by photobucket. <br abp="873">Can anybody please remove upload them or email them to me? <div abp="874">
<div abp="875">EX Mod. photobucket have changed there policies in the last few day, I have dug them out of the archive and hosted them locally, I'm no longer a note owner but do pop in every now and again and I just happened to see this thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for that! Big help.
Im going to splice the wires to me new speakers, the speaker wires on the car are white and pink, which wire is positive or negative?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts