1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howto remove your stereo<div abp="906">
<div abp="907">There are 4 screws 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom
<div abp="908">
<div abp="909">The top 2 screws are in the top cubby, open the cubby and remove the rubber mat
<div abp="910">
<div abp="911">

<div abp="913">
<div abp="914">the bottom 2 screws are under a cover what pops out with a flat blade screwdriver
<div abp="915">
<div abp="916">

<div abp="918">
<div abp="919">once the screws are removed just it a pull forward theres just enough room to unplug leads on the back ofthe stereo
<div abp="920">
<div abp="921">

<div abp="923">
<div abp="924">The gps reciver for the connect is located under the front dash trim just behind the gauges on the left of the bezel
<div abp="925">
<div abp="926">

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Another fine job flash, are you slowly disassembling your car to produce these useful guides?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to find a squeek/rattle what turned out to be one of the vent pipes, Ialso wanted to remove the air vents and that means most of the dash has to come apart rather than lump it in one "how to" i split it into differrent jobs
its about a 3 hour job to do a full strip and put it back, my round vents are out the car at the mo these just clip back in place but with out taking the dash apart there no easy way to remove them

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Flash (or anyone else who has disconnected the stereo).I'm off to the breakers to get my Connect!

I wonder if you know how to get the microphone (behind the map light) out of the car? Presumably it runs under the trim, at the pillar.
The USB/3.5 mm audio lead attached to the fascia in the cubby disappears down and to the right behind the instrument panel. where does that cable end?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the mic unclips there is a small white plug, the usb/aux lead is cable tied in place and just simple loops from the top

I have aerial adapters if you need one

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Flash.

Well I got an interesting little loom at the breakers. It includes
the mic
a rain sensor
a 3-bulb map light (not shown in pics below)
a rear courtesy light for the passengers

I also got a new rear-view mirror, with a housing to take the rain sensor.

All of these are missing from the Visia. All I got was a one-bulb map light, and a plain rear-view mirror!

The whole loom attaches nicely to a clip at the bottom of the right-hand pillar. I need to cut a rectangular opening in the roof lining to clip in the mic, and for the light in the back (if I decide to use it).
Here are some pics of the loom:

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi Flash.Could you Pls tell me how to remove the dash trim behind the gauges? The manual is doesn't give a good description of how to remove this trim. I can get the stereo out ok, but I need to install the GPS antenna.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is something I still need to do myself, but given the constant awful weather at the moment I'm running mine quite happily with the GPS antenna tucked behind the top cubby rather than being in its "proper place" just behind the gauges.Allegedly you just pull off both front door rubbers, unclip the trims on the 'A' posts, then the whole dash top unclips and lifts up.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
With the cubby out, the dash trim lifts up in the middle (unclips somehow) and you can slip the antenna between the felt packing and the underside of the dash trim, it doesn't have to be right behind the gauges.

Works perfectly, except my car is about 10m in front of the connect, but I can't see 20cm out in the car equating to 10m on the road.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To take the dash top off you need to pull back the door rubbers pop off the A pillar trims (2 clips)

starting at one end lever the dash top its just clipped in place (note. the demist vents are attached to the dash top)

Basically its the same as the Micra K12

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just moved my GPS antenna to what is apparently the correct place.

I found that if I just popped off the drivers side door rubber and A post trim (2 clips, one almost at the top and one halfway down, the bottom of the pillar fits between the dash top and the A post) I could easily lift the rear-most (near) edge of the dash top (starting next to the heater vent to the left of the gauges) enough to slip my hand under and site the GPS, then pop it back down without disturbing the rest of the fixings. I figured that as I didn't have any creaks already (not from the dash at any rate) I didn't want to risk creating any new ones.

I also now have the microphone working properly, though something is still not 100% right with the pins that set the car model - I suspect I don't have the top-left pin grounded properly - something for another day.

Edited by: GeorgeP56

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pin 21 doesn't do anything magical it only puts the connect into x11e mode (the eq, speed pulse and swrc) what can be checked in the service menu

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks.. tooks like I may have some more 'fiddling' to do with the ground wires.

Does anyone know if the reverse signal wiring is 'active' on a 1.6 Auto?
Mine is (I think) wired through correctly but doesn't seem to work

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all it does on the connect is tell the sat nav what direction your going, 0v when going forward and 12v reverse is selected (12v comes from the car) you can see this in the active system

Eq 1 goes to ground (pin 21) what is correct for the note

if you have any issues with the pins I will send you some

edit. the 12v comes from the reverse circuit so is active on all cars

The oem connect wiring in mine

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks, folks for all the help in taking apart the dash.It all came apart nicely, and I was able to fit the GPS antenna, as well as my wee tweeters just at the bases of the pillars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! just got to keep a family owned 2007 nissan note Techna 86Hp Diesel.

Can you tel me what are these little holes for? any problem covering them with my handsfree remote?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts