Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how to remove the radio from a 2005 Nissan Note. Attached is a photo of the current radio in the car.
There are no screws within the dash pocket with the lid and I can not locate any screws under the stereo.

All the information I could find on the web and in the forums relate to the 2006 Nissan Note radio removal so if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it as the radio from Japan can only access two New Zealand radio stations.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Yours is an early jdm nissan note the stereo comes out the front of the surround iirc you need to remove the top pocket the you can release the stereo the uk/eu note is as stated in the how to'sEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Flash22.
How do I remove the top pocket? I cannot see any screws that would allow me to do this.
Also what is an IIRC?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
If I Recall/Remember Correctly (iirc)

Black note on here has a jdm note and may be able to help further

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I've got a pre-facelift note, and had to get the stereo last week. There's 2 screws in the top cubby hole, if you lift out the rubber mat, they're under there. Then under the radio, but above the heater controls, there's a plastic flap that you pry out with a thin screwdriver, revealing 2 further screws. With these 4 removed, the whole of the top centre console comes free. Be careful pulling it free, as the R/H heater vent needs easing past the indicator stalk. Once it's pulled 9" or so away from the dash, you can get your hand behind, and unclip all the radio connecting wires, and that of the Aux input. The centre console is now free. There are 4 screw that connect the radio to the centre console, pretty clearly visible, and once these are removed, the radio unit comes free through the back of the removed console.
I've maybe made it sound more complex than it actually is, but it's really straightforward.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Its in the how to's mike
http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-to-remove-your-stereo_topic1397.html

The JDM ( Japanese Domestic Market ) note has a few differences the surround and the stereos are a completely different setup to the eu/uk notes to remove the surround you have to remove the stereo and pocket first to access the screws, have a look at SIDDLY'sthread an you will see........

http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/2005-dash-removal_topic1220.html

iirc the pocket above the radio is clipped in place

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I will have a dig through the software and documents for you tomorrow as I tend to use the eu/uk stuff I have but I do have some jdm info

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
this was paying on my mind plus i cant sleep
the radio is bolted into the car on the jdm note the surround is just clipped in place (the bit with the heater vents in) all you should need is a plastic trim tool to pop the trim loose

pictures of the process would be useful for other members too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, I'll look into your suggestion Flash22.If I do this process myself I will take photos :)
I'm very new to doing car related things as you may be able to tell with my questions.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
thats what the forum is for. the info i have i a bit vauge as its a rough translation, it doesnt state any screws but if there are any thay will be under the dash top
you need to pull back the door rubbers then you can unclip theA plillar trim both sides, you can thenun clip the dash top

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK. The images of the clips from my 2006 JDM Nissan Note (no screws) radio are as below.

By gently working 2 flat spatulas around the outside of the housing a couple of times it popped out easily without any forcing. It comes out in a more or less horizontal direction.

The radio is all swapped out now. Yay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts