Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
For anyone who has had a problem folding down the large rear seat this how I fixed mine:

Pull the seat right back. From the middle, peel back the trim strip at the bottom of the seats and ease it over the luggage loops to expose the mechanism. If you look inside whislt using the release lever , you will see a cable pulling on a small metal bar. I managed to get my fingers inside and pushed firmly on the bar whilst using the release lever. the seat dropped forward. This allowed me to give the mechanism a quick blast of WD40 which has done the trick ! Happy days !

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
remember to regrease it with some silcone grease/spray, wd40 is good for degreasing things but not lubing

while you at it take up the back seat and lube up the sliding mech too
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem on my new Note.
I applied a constant pressure to the release lever and shook the seat back (from the rear of the car) vigorously!!!
Hey presto, it released. Worked on both seats. They must be pretty tight latches.
No fault then, just a safety feature lol

Posted this before, but you may find it useful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i believe the cables to be an issue as they strech with time. what happened to me was, some friends asked if we could buy an armchair in ikea for them as it wouldn't fit in their mazda 3.

the chair fitted BARELY leaving no space for anything else, but hey, it fitted.

and then, we tried to get it out of the car. nope. the seat. would not. budge. so, we got the tools out and started disassembling, well, everything. out in the street, with a long an extension cord for the lamp (burned out 2 lightbulbs during)...:D

about an hour and a half into it we worked out the solution as described in the first post of the thread. got the damned thing out, put everything back together, another hour and a half. freaking nightmare!

anyway, i believe if you unscrew the bolt under the plastic cover of the handle on the top of the seat, you could tug the cable a little harder and this should release it too - a bit less fiddling as the seat is really firm in its place and a bit difficult to pop out.

i'll never forget that chair though :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
just to add to this I had smiliar problem and at times you need to pull the levers quite fast to lower the seat I used quite a firm and speedy pull, which worked, also as mentioned ealier to lube up the mechanism I use GT85 spray I have seen it in the tool section at "the range" or ebay search would find it not many stock it WD40 is okay but GT85 is better, it will free up and lube anything, the smell hangs around though!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Halfords and machine mart both do GT-85

Halfords had it for £3 a 400ml tin (I did post it on here), you find it with the bicycle stuff not sure if its on offer still tho

edit. its still on offer

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmm, well I managed to fold my seat down with the "fiddle with it for 30 minutes" technique, including shaking the seat back, and also sliding it forward, back, and forward half way. I had my can of TF2 ("like GT85 but it smells nicer") ready, but couldn't see anything to target with it.

Lifting up the plastic lever on the top of the seat back pulls a cable that is looped through the bottom of a lever that is attached to a metal bar that comes down and towards the front of the car (useless photo below, including X-ray sketch of what I saw).I managed to get my fingers on to the metal bar but either I've gotpunyfingers, or it was already being pulled as far as it would go. Peering behind the bottom trim my view wasobscuredby two metal plates at each end of the moving bar, and so I didn't get the chance to lube anything.

I noticed that there's a zip down each side of the seat backs, but unzipping that didn't reveal anything either, though I tried to pull the cover back a little to see in. I don't *think* that helped, though it did release afterwards. It seems good now, so maybe it's just the first time in 7 years that it's ever been used?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this problem once I thought it was jammed or something and I was pulling the release catch "normally" until one day I got mad with it and yanked the relaese really hard and it worked, so playing around I came up with the remedy that you need to pull the catch up from the top of the seat "real fast" and that does it. It only happened on the 60% side, as said maybe because it is not used very often?

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks guys sound like I need to build a bit of muscle not tried the pulling back the seat but will give that a go... Just not moved this seat for a few months now it's stuck!!!
... Have some WD 40 on the ready.. Soo now tomorrow's job..

·
Registered
1 Posts
To anyone still having this problem I offer an easy ( well it was for me ) solution - do NOT attempt to fold down seats from the boot, do it from inside the car. I cant explain the logic but when the levers are pulled from inside car you can feel a distinct double movement of lever. Seats just drop down easy as pie. I don't claim responsibility for solution, that goes to my service mechanic who made me look a bloody fool when I challenged him to fold my seat.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
nope they do get stuck, you can pull the lever anyway you want and it will not budge as others will confirm - its to do with the cable drying out and lack of use

1 - 11 of 11 Posts