Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So called Nissan,,,,,local and asked how much for a spare key ....he told me it had to be a remote one or the alarm would go off.....just going to test that as i didnt think my 09 tekna had an alarm......one sec......eeeee just realised so what do i do as no key holes ...what do i do if my batteries run out while out to open the door..... ok carry on with the story.

guy at nissan asked me if i had a reward type current account with my bank. funny enough i have ..he said some ...have lost key cover...... i remembered mine does.... called them up and they told me that all is fine yes it would be covered...a 'lost'
key i will have to pay the 240 that nissan quoted but would get the money back within 5 days into my current account....so thats good.... might be worth paying the 10 ish a month for such an account to get a spare key if you lost it after you took out the cover......

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
there IS a keyhole in the doorlock...you need to pick out the plastic blanking insert first. This is for when the battery runs flat and the central locking locks the doors shot. By removing the plug you can use the key to manually unlock the door and gain access .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks is it in the drivers side,,,, i guess it must be part of the handle system...?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just actually read the manual so i get it now dont think i will ping it off until i really need to...just in case it marks the car....cheers jason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts