Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ecu should take care of the idle control but it some times needs a helping hand
To manually reset the accelerator, throttle valve and idle air follow these instructions (note. these timing must be exact)

Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning BBS0049HDESCRIPTIONAccelerator Pedal Released Position Learning is an operation to learn the fully released position of the acceleratorpedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal position sensor output signal. It must be performed each timeharness connector of accelerator pedal position sensor or ECM is disconnected.OPERATION PROCEDURE1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning BBS0049IDESCRIPTIONThrottle Valve Closed Position Learning is an operation to learn the fully closed position of the throttle valve bymonitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector ofelectric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnected.OPERATION PROCEDURE1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.2. Turn ignition switch ON.

3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
Idle air control

1. Make sure you have donethe above, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning"
2. Make sure you have donethe above , "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning" .

3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Check that all items listed under the topic PREPARATION (previously mentioned) are in good order.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
6. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
7. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MI stops
blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MI turned ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.

11. Wait 20 seconds. Then turn the engine off

If this doesn't work I would look at changing the cts as its one of the main sensors related to the idle

·
Registered
10 Posts
flash
followed your helpful instructions after disconnecting battery
mi light remains on with engine running Nissan so far unable to fix
unable to get light blinking on/0f to reset
any more tips-or should I return to dealer

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
find out the fault code you have first
please start a new thread in the correct forum if you need more help

·
Registered
114 Posts
Please help

Can I get it badly, but the part IDLE AIR CONTROL, in 6th the engine must started up. Later in the 10th and again to start the engine.
I do not know when to stopped the engine between the two instructions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried several times this procedure but it's not working for me, the MI light does not start blinking at this point:
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MI stops blinking and turned ON.
And, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning" procedure does not seem to work, there is no feedback information from the car. How do I know it changed anything? I mean I could accudently turn on and off ingition key two timesquite often..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have tried this procedure around 30 times or more and used a stopwatch to make sure i got the timing correct, but it didn't work.
My 1.4 Note idles at 1100 rpm, so i want to bring it down.
Does anyone know why this learning procedure won't work on my car?

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Ever thought about taking it to an independent garage and get them to look at it? If their any good, it won't take them 20 minutes, and they can look and find out if you have any fault codes in the process

The other explanation is your cars thick, and just useless at learning new tricks

·
Registered
7 Posts
A guy i know at wok has a relative who owns a garage, so he took my car to the garage to sort out the high idle problem. In work today he gave me the key back to my car and told me its been fixed. He said it had a lot of fault codes and each one of them was fixed, so it has no fault codes now. I aksed him about the idle speed and he told me its at around 700 rpm now.

I left work tonight and there was only one time when i stopped at traffic lights when it idled at 700 rpm. The rest of the time it was between 1100 and 1200 rpm. I left it running while sat on the drive for quite a while and it was at 1100 most of the time, with a light climb to around 1200 every now and then.

The guy at work is a good bloke and as he told me the idle speed was 700 rpm, then it was that. So what would make it go back up again after being fixed?

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
To be honest, your guess is as good as ours? Dig deep and take your Note to a Nissan stealer, they have the right equipment and fault finders to cure your problem. Though some their technicians are a bit shaky?
Did your mates mate, write down all the fault code numbers and the faults related to them numbers? That could be of some help?

Reactions: Nigel B

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did ask about the fault codes, but my mate didn't know. I won't be able to find anythng out until Monday now.

I might change the coolant temperature sensor though before i do anything else. I was thinking that if the cts was faulty, that might explain two things.....The idle speed going back to being high again after being reset on the ECU and also i was wondering if it could also be the reason why my car will not let me do the idle learning, as the engine has to be a certain temperature to perform the learning and if the cts isn't working, then the ECU could think that the temperature is too low when really its not.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Don't just start changing sensors in the hope that it will cure the problem, That's what Nissan technicians do when they haven't got a clue :crying:

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
And that is why they shold not be called technicians

Don't just start changing sensors in the hope that it will cure the problem, That's what Nissan technicians do when they haven't got a clue :crying:

Too true, throw parts at it and hope that some will stick, that's the 'Nissan Way'.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aye, take it to the dealers before doing anything like Silverhairs said. Get them to diagnose your problem with their high end computer stuff. It'll cost a good few quid to get them to plug their computer into the car though but at least you will get an exact list of all the codes that non-dealer code readers might miss.

Unless you are 100% certain that it is the sensors at fault, in which case just go ahead and change them. If you are not sure and are *hoping* that by changing them will fix your problem then good luck..... that is the course of action that most dealer technicians will take when they don't know what the problem is. As Nigel said they throw parts at it until they find something that works....all the while charging you for each part.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Every time I see this word "Technicians" it makes me grimace, they where always called fitters or mechanics in my day.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Well you must keep up to date with the lingo

Vision technician = Window cleaner :smile_big:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts