Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Wozzza for the write up<div abp="901">
<div abp="902">Hi Just to give an update, this was not Blower Hell. Fairly straightforward and there is no requirement to remove the dashboard.
<div abp="902">
<div abp="903">1, Disconnect the battery
<div abp="903">
<div abp="904">2, Remove the lower trim under the steering wheel, this pulls off but be careful as its tight
<div abp="906">
<div abp="908">3, There is a thin connecting piece of plastic that runs along the bottom of the full moulded dashboard, this can be seen when the trim below the steering wheel is removed. Cut this around half an inch from each end. I also cut it at a 45 degree angle with the longer part closer to the floor just to make it more solid going back together, if I had time I would have glued it with a small piece of angle metal.
<div abp="909">
<div abp="910">4, Remove the four nuts holding the steering column in place (you will need to remove a couple of the cable ties holding the wiring harness
<div abp="911">
<div abp="912">5, Drop the steering column to the floor of the car, you may need to wiggle this (be careful as at this time I broke the clutch cruise switch so if fitted it may be an idea to remove it prior to dropping the steering column) This will go to the floor you just need to wiggle it.
<div abp="913">
<div abp="914">6, Remove bracket top left that held the steering column in place, it has two bolts you cant miss it
<div abp="915">
<div abp="916">7, Remove wiring from blower fan just clip it off at the right side and it lifts on a plastic dowel then pull the wiring plastic away
<div abp="917">
<div abp="918">8, Remove fan by pressing latch around 3 o'clock and turning anti clockwise
<div abp="919">
<div abp="920">9, Pull fan out and wiggle and wiggle and it will come out
<div abp="921">
<div abp="922">10, Would suggest removing rectangle box on steering column that has two Phillips screws in order to give move access.
<div abp="923">
<div abp="924">11, Replace as above steering column is tricky due to weight but one person can do it, however may be easier for a friend to help for that little bit. I attached the connecting plastic bar with glue and black electricians tape.
<div abp="925"><br abp="926">
<div abp="927">Total time around 2 - 2 1/2 hours
<div abp="928">Tools required
<div abp="929">Socket set
<div abp="930">Phillips screwdriver (stubby type)
<div abp="931"><br abp="932">
<div abp="933"><br abp="934">
<div abp="935">Hope this helps someone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Before you do this,turn blower and ignition on.Use a torch to locate the red and yellow wires that go to the motor,give these a wiggle - mine burst in to life and has been fine since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think i may have to do this, checked fuses, changed the resistor card and no difference, dead blower. im torn between attempting a possible 'blower hell' or taking to the experts......

if i do have a bash myself, are there any good pics or videos to assist me?

thanks

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Flash22 has not been in the forum for over a year now !!!! If you look at the posts "Flash22" posted that back on 21st June 2016.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hmpff! :crying:

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI all, I just did this blower change this morning... All I will say is remove the plugs from the unit on the steering column and the motor comes out easy.. Its also then easier to get the new one in. It took me three hours to do this but purely for the fact i had one cable still plugged in which limited space. One of the most satisfying things was after entering the system code (sat nav and ac etc) the blower motor was working.. The difference this job makes is phenomenal.
Just for the irony of it all... the two issues ive had with the note was a failed starter motor and the blower motor... two seriously hard jobs to do :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts