Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to activate the anti hi-jack
Anti Hi-Jack: With the anti hi-jack Activated first press of the fob opens just the drivers door ONLY, The second press opens the rest of the car, the car still locks with 1 press of the lock button

1. Open the drivers door
2. Sit down
3. With the door open press both buttons at the same timeon the keyfob for4 seconds
4. While doing this watch the dash the indcators willflash once (slow flash)

5.Your anti Hi-jack is now active

To turn it off follow instructions 1-4

·
Registered
103 Posts
HI Flash - nice one ! Just done it asper instructions, not actually tried it yet to see if its activated. The slow flash occured about 2 secs in, but within a second or two there were 3 or 4 rapid flashes of the indicators (dread to think what that was
)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the one.

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Aaah, I've now seen the light. After I had my car repaired(don't even ask, but it was the wife), I've had to press they key twice to access the boot. So I assume my Anti hi-jack is now enabled.

Before, one press of the key opened the whole car up.

Al I can say is......DUUUUUUH.!!! (I need to read my manual more closely).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for highlighting this thread - I too didn't know that the 'anti-hijack' feature existed.Does anyone know if there is also a feature whereby all the doors can be set to lock as soon as the car moves off? My wife's Citroen has this and it's great.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no there isn't unless you fit an aftermarket alarm/module

Note. if you do activate the 2 click option (1 click drivers door 2nd click the rest) this does disable the lock/unlock switch down by the handbrake

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No again you would need a total closure unit or a alarm

Due to some door looms being wired in white cabling it makes building a total closure unit for the note difficult but all the wiring bar a perm live is in the drivers door

·
Registered
276 Posts
flash22 said:
Note. if you do activate the 2 click option (1 click drivers door 2nd click the rest) this does disable the lock/unlock switch down by the handbrake

OUCH!

So you can protect yourself against some dodgy character jumping into the passenger seat as you're getting into the car yourself, but you then can't quickly lock the doors if you see the same guy cycle up from behind and reach for the door handle while you're waiting at the traffic lights?

I guess you *can* still lock the doors using the key (can't you?), but to be honest I doubt I'd think of that in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi flash22, just a quickie but you say that the switch down by the handbrake is disabled with the 2 click option, I have mine set in this mode and the switch is still active, I found this out as was in car one day and switch was accidentally "locked" and the door was closed with key still in ignition switch,when I went to get key I found I could not open doors so had to chase my daughter (who was at work) to get the spare key as she also uses the car occasionally so all owners beware as it could happen so easy, in owners manual it highlights this and says not to lock car when people are inside as they may not be able to get out.
thanks to everyone on this site for all the useful info, it has helped me a lot.
VERY GOOD AND HELPFUL SITE.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
flash22 said:
no there isn't unless you fit an aftermarket alarm/module

my centre console lock/unlock works just fine with the anti hijack enabled and it needs two activations to unlock the other doors for people from the outside of the car as pulling the door handle already unlocks the door from the inside.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This works a treat and the lock/unlock button still works as well. Also learned my car has see you home light function (by accident while removing radio) and how to re programme the one touch function on the drivers window (I thought the switch had gone faulty
). Does anybody know if it is possible to programme the mirrors to fold in/out when car locked/opened using key throb?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coolbusby said:
Does anybody know if it is possible to programme the mirrors to fold in/out when car locked/opened using key throb?

I was wondering about this too. If anybody figures it out, please share!!

> : )

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You can't - really as easy as that, no practical reason why, just lazy code cutters.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts