Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Items required for the retrofit

Connect unit (with code) making sure you have the correct unit for the note Part No. 25915-BH00A, 25915BH10A, 25915BH20A or 25915BH50B (Later gloss Black unit)

GPS unit
Mic plug / adapter
Mic
Adapter lead (06-58 only)
Aerial Adapters (connects2 CT27AA57 and a autoleads PC5-27) Only needed for notes with din (round plug)aerials (2006 - 2009 but there are some cars either side of these dates)
Please note the connects 2 CT27AA57 is a 2008 Honda accord item this is the correct part number and lead you need, but many suppliers are not sending the correct items causing a lot of confusion

Another Alterative for the lead is a Connects2 CT27AA61 (2008 onwards Subaru wrx)

Optional parts

Double din surround/top cubby (only required if you have the single din or an early 06-08 6 disk)
Nissan usb lead
Usb/aux port (28023-BH00A)

To make your own lead for the connect you will need 2 sot leads (08 (58) onwards the connect is plug and play)

SOT-918 or CT10NS05 This gives you the plug for the connect
SOT-078 or CT10VX02 This gives you the plugs for the car

10. Remote A
11. Remote B
12. Remote Ground

21. RR Speaker +
22. RR Speaker -
23 FR SPeaker +
24. FR Speaker -
25. FL Speaker +
26. FL Speaker -
27. RL Speaker +
28. RL Speaker -

31. Speed Pulse
34. Battery voltage
36. Illumination
37. Ignition Votage (switch live)
38. Ground

2. FL Speaker +
3. FL Speaker -
4. RL speaker +
5. RL Speaker -
6. Remote A
7. Ignition Voltage (switch Live)
9. Illumination
11. FR Speaker +
12. FR Speaker -
13. RR Speaker +
14. RR Speaker -
15. Remote ground
16. Remote B
18. Speed pulse
19. Battery Voltage
20. Ground

21. EQ line (this sets the connect to the correct settings for the note, wire to a ground)
25. Reverse Signal (12v reverse - 0v forward)
34. Mic Signal
35. Mic + 5.0v
36. MicGround

Due to firmware limitations it is not possible to add a camera to the a Note/micra connect system

Update.

Microphone wire guide

34. Mic Signal - Yellow - Grey on microphone (white on later note's)

35. Mic+ 5.0v- Green - Red on microphone

36. Mic Ground - Brown - Black(or shield)Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Example of the retrofit lead for a early note (middle connector is the mic plug with pigtails)

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's a familiar looking set of wires :)

From the pin-outs for the mic connector, I need to find a ground to attach the black wire to, and a reverse signal for the red wire. Any suggestions on where the most sensible place to pick up these levels is from?

Also, the Connect cabin mic that I have (came from the same wreck as my connect) has a cable containing a red wire, white wire and a braid/shield. Do you know how I can identify which is Mic+, Mic- and +5V?

Edited by: BlueNote07

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check my folder later today for you

Black wire goes to any ground or even the metal dash frame, reverse signal can be picked up from the reverse lights or you can just leave it taped up

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the mic colours - that job's easy now.

Also not mentioned in the parts list is the FM aerial - older notes have a living room style 75 ohm ISO aerial connector in to the radio/CD planer, and the Connect has a rectangular 3-pin socket input for an amplified aerial.

I've got an ISO to DIN converter (thanks Flash22!), and then a DIN to Nissan Connect converter is needed to get the signal in to the Connect.This is the cheapest way I've found to get the DIN to Connect:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC5-148-NISSAN-NAVARA-2007-ONWARDS-FM-MODULATOR-AERIAL-ANTENNA-ADAPTOR-LEAD-/400403586414?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d39e9dd6e

(That's a PC5-148 from LiquidICE 2008 on ebay)

For picking up the 12V from reverse lights, do I run a new wire from the back of the car, or can I tap in to it nearer the dash?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its on the first post - both parts for the aerial-the connects2 adapter is better made
and only£11 quid

Aerial Adapters (connects2 CT27AA57 and a autoleads PC5-27)
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks - that's ordered now, and my shopping list almost complete. Last up is the SD card, which it seems doesn't always come with the sat nav/radio unit - buyers beware!

Is it worth adding the Nissan Connect Map Data SD Card in the optional section of the shopping list? I think these are the part numbers for each year:
25920 BH00A (for 2008 maps)

25920 BH00B (for 2009 maps)

25920 BH00C (for 2010 maps)

25920 BH00D(for2011maps)

25920 BH00E(for2012maps)

£20-£50 on eBay depending on how patient you are/how recent you like your maps.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aerial adapters updated in the first post

It seems a lot of suppliers are sending out the wrong items

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glad you got it sorted, sorry for the delay I have been suffering with a virus that's doing the rounds

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Flash22, to report back, I got my donated 2010 model Connect in to our 2007 E11 note, thanks to your help and harnesses.

Even scored high on the Wife Approval Factor, though that will suffer the first time she gets sent to the wrong end of a road (which I think I have been already!)

Personally, I love the Connect: integrated SatNav (no waiting for it to work out where we are, like we did each time we turned on the old TomTom), RDS is great (telling us what songs are being played), traffic info seem useful (doesn't include all roadworks, but never mind), music off USB is nice (9 yo daughter seems to share my taste for Fleetwood Mac, or maybe just enjoys plugging in the stick).

Steering wheel controls work for volume and track skip, great.

BlueTooth loading of my Galaxy Note address book is just broken for me (causes the Connect to reboot), but I've told the phone to ignore requests and it seems to be working OK now. Voice Dialling by pressing the SRC button on the steering wheel only works when the car is stationary, otherwise the car noise makes it flaky. Call quality pretty good. Putting in the microphone wasn't as hard as I thought, but did case a rattle with the wire I left draped across the roof lining. Fixed by pulling that wire a bit tighter and clipping up the slack.

Very happy. I have photos and videos of almost everything, but not much time to edit them together. But if anyone wants to see some part of the process, let me know.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ah good, re. traffic theconnect also has tmc (top right button) and of course it has rds and TA aswell, the connect sat nav is one of the betteroem systems I have come across in the last 10 years the vag sat navs are based around the same architecture and map systemEdited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A box will pop up saying enter code or locked - press ok - it will let you enter the code via the touch screen (on screen keyboard)

Press the ok button and it will let you in

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi will this work in a nissan note 2008Nissan Connect LCN EU Bosch 2DIN 25915BH21C Sat Nav Unit Note/Cube/Micr<wbr style="font-family: 'Helvetica neue', Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal;">a/Qashqai

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please use the forum search<div abp="869">
<div abp="870">
<div abp="871">http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/connect-lcn-part-numbers-models_topic2286.html
<div abp="873">
<div abp="874">Connect systems are not universal fitment they are setup up for 2 or 3 cars only, see the link above
<div abp="875">
<div abp="876">There are untold threads on the connecton here
<div abp="877">
<div abp="878">If you buying used make sure you have the code and sd card,if possible get the mic, gps receiver, and usb lead, you will also need the plug for the mic to fit the connect
<div abp="879">
<div abp="880">Cost wise its cheaper in the long run to go with something aftermarket - the map updates are cheaper or free for a start
<div abp="881">
<div abp="882"><strong abp="883">[/b]
<div abp="885">

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks flash
this is the i got now, will this one fit or will i need a new surround ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121759548272?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you only need the surround if you have the early 6disk up to early 07 or the single din<div abp="1693">
<div abp="1694">you have the later double din with the white plug - the connect will plug straight in but you will need the plug for the mic

1 - 20 of 28 Posts