Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this idea? One of my sons is heavily into bike and car modding, and has had this idea for a hot but stock looking Note. He theorises that as the Note is based on a stretched Clio platform, there should be little difficulty in slotting in a Williams lump. Of course being a young man, he didn't think of also fitting the brake system from the Clio until I suggested it! Somehow I don't think the standard rear drums would be up to the job.
Anyway, he is now on the hunt for a cheap 1.4 or 1.6 Note and a crashed 172, 182, Gordini 200 or similar. The last thing he built was a Triumph 'old school' chopper that does about 5 miles before running out of juice, due to a combination of STUPID horsepower and a tank the size of a potato 'see photo'. I now own this noble steed, and my neighbours think I'm a mental case for actually daring to ride it. (Little do they know about my secret past as a circus performer. I was the first elephant in Europe to ride the Wall of Death, with Dingaling Brothers and Bunkum and Bogey's Circus back in the late 70s'. It's TRUE I tell you!).

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its the other way round clio is based on nissans b platform, the willams is pre renault/nissan parknership
the note is more like the livina and versa biggest lump is the mr18de when this is turbocharged/supercharged its good for 350 bhp what is more than enuff for a fwd car biggest problem with engine conversions on modern cars is the hi and low can buses there are ways around this ie. standalone ecu's also dont forget that a lot body systems are monitored via the IPDM on most nissans since 2003

2.0 or 2.2 from a late almera would be an option but a tad heavy

uprated disc's and rear discs would be nice esp with that sort of power

·
Registered
7 Posts
I reason the 1.6 DIG t engine from the juke will fit easily and with no cambus or imobiliser probs. now that would shift 190 ps out of the box.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts