Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you owned, had or have a Hornby Railway set or layout. Have you still got it, or was it trashed when playing with it.

//

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had a Blue Pullman hornby layout.
I loved it, and each time i layed it out, i returned it to it's box.
Years later whilst i was at work my mum (bless her) gave it to a women along the street, thanks mum.
Later in life i fixed a good hornby set onto a board for my step son. It kept failing until i found a loose fish plate joint... I'd thought the engine was knackered but no, just the fish plate urghh...

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typical mother. ??. Mine gave away over a 100 45rpm singles to the Boy Scouts. All the early Beatles, Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, and so many others.

Getting back to Hornby......I've not long started building a new layout. Costs a fortune these days. I bought 2 sets and put then them together, and it looked pathetic. So off I went and bought a rake of track, and now it looks so much better.
I had a track when I was about 11 or 12. and then puberty hit.:eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....and I gave it to my nephew.

My daughter says, I'm having a mid life crisis........I told her, I haven't got past the first one yet. ??

Having the time of my life on Fleabay and Amazon. "That's the way to shop".....I told my missus. ??

//

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
I recall having a 0-6-0 black tender engine and about 6 coal trucks for it to pull.

Whereas my mate got the then new 125 engines, (one worked the rear one was a dummy), plus three carriages.....I was soooooo jealous.

Now I see the engines etc are all digital....bet they still stop on a loose fish plate!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going strictly analogue. The price of going digital is way beyond my pay scale. Is easy enough to do, but the cost of the stuff to do it, isn't cheap by any means.

Maybe next year I might give it a go.

//

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
You must be 'chuffed' with that Steve....lol

When it's done maybe a Scalelectrics set up in the spare room!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Choo Whoo right I am. :rolleyes::D.......long way to go yet. I've decided to double the area.

Been there and done the Scalextric, and sold the lot, in 2007.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
There used to be a dedicated shop near me for Scalextric where you could 'run what you brung' (scratch built cars) and which had six lanes each on a shilling in the slot (gave you ten minutes) meter.

Meanwhile, for all those, like me who love 'OO' railways: Wunderland in 5 Minuten

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
That 'Wunderland' is unbelievable.....Steve, you're gonna have to go some to beat them!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That chair.....there's enough room to sit on it. The camera perspective shows a different story.:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been a while since an update, if anyone is interested.

The track has changed a bit. I've removed most of the inner loop, and gained more space for sidings, as the the collection of Loco's and rolling stock has grown in leaps and bounds.

There is more in boxes, more Loco's and carriages. I've been buying non runners, and fixing/repairing most of them. About 40 in all, only 2 are completely beyond repair, as for the others they are running great with just a clean and few tiny fixes. The worst problem is, most of them are over oiled and never cleaned. Changed a few carbon brushes and a few wheels. All minor stuff.
So that's been keeping me busy for the most part.
I haven't extended the layout yet as plywood and timber, are none essential purchases.

Toodles for for now. Stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Working on it. (Network).

I have so much track I could build this about 5 times over, but the plywood....not a dickybird. Plus the timber for the supporting structure.

The wife wasn't keen on a circuit going around the whole house, not sure what her problem is.:eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

//

·
Super Moderator
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One day I'll go up in the loft and take a photo. Then you'll see what the mountain of stuff looks like. There are 20 stools to start with, so you can guess what the problem is.

So, as for the loft it's a case of......'No way Jose'.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In fact, I'm surprised that the ceiling hasn't collapsed.:eek::LOL::LOL:

//

1 - 20 of 24 Posts