Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member. My wife has an S reg petrol auto 1.6 Note, new battery etc. This has developed a fault in the horn, so it only works with a firm push upwards on the wheel centre. I'm guessing corrosion is the cause, since we seem free from the broken wire issues I just read about. Any suggestions? The whole wheel centre seems stiff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
David1952
Registered

Joined 1 h ago
1 Posts

Discussion Starter • #1 22 m ago

Hi, I'm a new member. My wife has an 09 reg petrol auto 1.6 Note, new battery etc. This has developed a fault in the horn, so it only works with a firm push upwards on the wheel centre. I'm guessing corrosion is the cause, since we seem free from the broken wire issues I just read about. Any suggestions? The whole wheel centre seems stiff.

·
Registered
957 Posts
You could try removing the centre boss of the steering wheel to check for corrosion or bent contacts etc.
Be sure to disconnect the battery first though and leave it alone for at least 15 minutes for any residual charge to dissipate from the drivers air bag ( which is the centre of the steering wheel).If you're unsure how to remove it have a look at this video.You will need the radio code when you reconnect the battery and the lecky windows will have to be re-learnt too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts