Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, on Autotrader there are plenty of newer cars with 160K plus mileage, I’ve rarely seen any E11 Auto’s above 120K

is that an indication that most E11s are caput - in the scrapyard.

I wonder on reliability.

is it possible to hit the 250K mark?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm Diesels are very reliable. I’m saving up for a keep renegade, and will try my best to max this car out for 8 years lol.

146500 is pretty good, maybe that’s why autotrader doesn’t have much, everyone’s on the same mission as us!

·
Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
My 2010 diesel Note is approaching 300, 000kl. Still pulls extremely well, runs like a dream. It depends on how any Note is looked after, high mileage or not. My next door neighbour has 1.4, 2007 Note. Engine runs like a sewing machine. Generally it's a tiny bit tatty. body wise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I believe that Diesel engines last longer due to the fluid lubricating parts, secondly as there are no spark plug tiny explosions in the car, it’s run totally by combustion

I would be interested in knowing the petrol longevity vs diesel.

·
Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
Interesting, I believe that Diesel engines last longer due to the fluid lubricating parts, secondly as there are no spark plug tiny explosions in the car, it’s run totally by combustion

I would be interested in knowing the petrol longevity vs diesel.
It all depends on who owns the car. Some rag them about, others not. Also, keeping any car well maintained is crucial to longevity. Using any car for short journeys only, like shop or school runs, when the engine is running cold, then parked up and waiting for the next few miles trip, will wreck any engine.

Rust worm is a major concern, despite well maintained mechanicals. So you cannot expect Diesel v Petrol comparisons, unless the same person runs, and owns both, under the same conditions for both cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Out of curiosity, on Autotrader there are plenty of newer cars with 160K plus mileage, I’ve rarely seen any E11 Auto’s above 120K

is that an indication that most E11s are caput - in the scrapyard.

I wonder on reliability.

is it possible to hit the 250K mark?
I have a Note that has now run 235000 km.
I replaced the clutch at 190000 km.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts