Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 1.4 S a few days ago & i thought the revs were a little high, but always had diesels so not too sure. When doing around 50mph its at approx 3000 revs & when in 5th gear it sounds like it almosts needs another gear to go up into. Not sure if this is normal for this car?? Theres also a crackling noise from front driver side i can hear when window is down, again when doing around 50mph and usually turning right. I didnt think it was a cv joint as its not really a knocking sound but maybe this is how it starts?? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with you about the feel of it needing a 6th gear on the Note petrol engine car....me too coming from a 1.4 diesel to the Note petrol, I had 6 gears on the diesel and like you I suppose you do get used to that 6th gear.....I think if you look further on this forum some contributors have mentioned a rather nasty noise though some determined it to be on the steering column.....

However...I am pleased with the mpg of the Note compared to the diesel I had....and no DPF to worry about now as mine helped to terminate my ownership of the diesel.....from another Marque though and not Nissan !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2008 1.4 revs 2.500 when going 80 kmh / 50 mph.

I rarely go much faster than that, and actually find it relaxing that i dont have to go down a gear
when slowing down to 50 kmh thrue a city, i find the small 1.4 petrol has a good torque almost
as a diesel.

But sure a 6. gear would also lower fuel consumption.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I get about 70mph @ 3000rpm, which I make that to be about 22-23mph / 1000rpm. 50mph should be a snip over 200rpm, which is what I see. It is about right from what I've experienced from my previous 1.4 petrol, a '52 206 (lovely car).

Are you certain you're only getting 50mph at 300rpm?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Nemo82 said:
I just bought a 2006 1.4 S a few days ago & i thought the revs were a little high, but always had diesels so not too sure. When doing around 50mph its at approx 3000 revs & when in 5th gear it sounds like it almosts needs another gear to go up into. Not sure if this is normal for this car?? Theres also a crackling noise from front driver side i can hear when window is down, again when doing around 50mph and usually turning right. I didnt think it was a cv joint as its not really a knocking sound but maybe this is how it starts?? Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Do you mean 50 in 4th is 3000rpm? Likely that is right, you should be in 5th.

Is the noise like a chirruping clattery sound? The fan belts on these are very noisy, about 100 times worse in damp conditions. You can fit a new fan belt, or I think Nissan tighten them up a bit more.
I think that is a bad idea as it will eventually destroy the engine pulley.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts