Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open the boot up the top the are 2 black caps remove these, Behind the covers are 2 nuts undo these
you should be able to pull the light out but some times the seal holds the light if that happens you need to push the the studs (what you removed the nuts from) a push with a bar

twist the bulb holder out and replace the bulb

·
Registered
109 Posts
any ideas what type of bulb it is Flash, mone isnt working at the mo and i would like to be sure i have the right bulb before i start taking it all apart?

cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tommo, the one that was in was a 12V 16W so i replaced like for like, thought it should be more like the 21W but didnt want to do anything wrong,

brake light just wont be as bright as it perhaps should be,

the other problem was getting the lens off, tried pushing the studs as Flash suggested but it wouldnt budge, tried even hitting the bar with my hand to force it out but all that happened was i got a sore hand, had to resort to prising it off gently with a screwdriver, note to others trying this,,,, pack the paintwork with something soft before doing this, i now have a small scratch where i first tried to prise it off...doh!

does anyone know what sealer is used for round the lights, im now concerned that becuase the seal has been broken i might fall victim to the leaking light syndrome that seems to affect others and may need to source some to re-seal around the light, could use multi purpose silican sealer but not sure if this is good enough for cars

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
This sealant stuff is indicative of the lazy times we live in...when I was a young elephant we used to make gaskets from a sheet of cork from the spares shop. If it was shut and we were desperate, a cornflake box usually sufficed. Oh the joys of repairing a blown head with a chunk of cardboard, a smear of red Hermetite and a ballpein hammer! Those were the days *dons enormous pair of rose tinted elephant spectacles*

·
Registered
103 Posts
paperman said:
Tommo, the one that was in was a 12V 16W so i replaced like for like, thought it should be more like the 21W but didnt want to do anything wrong,................
Gotta admit I did see reference to 16W for the brake light somewhere, but in all other references 21W seems to be right. But Im sure others will confirm or otherwise.

As for the sealant... someone suggested a bead of silicon sealant.. it remains forever soft... although you can get pills off the internet to fix that.. so they say.

Ive not had the bottle, time or weather to attempt to remove my hi-level brake light assy yet... I DO need to as its still peeing in from the top of the glass inside the rear door from somewhere or the other

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not intentionally as i dont do naff jokes, however this one seemed appropiate for someone who never forgets and is afraid of mices!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
!. I love the site and enjoy winding up all the wonderful people on it.
2. I have a 60 plate N-Tec 1.5 dci in black which is very nice
3. When I'm not in the office (I have my own company) I like to lounge around eating bananas and bathing in mud.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tommo56 said:
Ive not had the bottle, time or weather to attempt to remove my hi-level brake light assy yet... I DO need to as its still peeing in from the top of the glass inside the rear door from somewhere or the other
I've just come across this site and this thread.
My rear window has started leaking too.. water trickles down inside from the region of the brake light. Is removing/re-fitting the brake light likely to be the answer?
Does anyone have any experience of this?
TIA
George

Edited by: GeorgeP56

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Morning George and welcome to the forum.

The answer is "yes". If you do a search, poor sealing around the high-level brake light is on source of leaks. Pop it off following the guidance above and add some decent clear silicone to seal the little s*d.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread some time back, I did get round to removing the HLB light, the seal seemed perfectly in tact, but it did feel very soft (almost tacky). But I simply ran a bead of silicon sealant around the edge of the HLB light and set it back into position and... no more leak ! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Noticed that note girl was looking some advice on this. When I replaced mine I ran an old credit card round the sealant holding the high level lamp cover on so as not to score the paint with a screwdriver or the like. Had to reseal it. I used black silicone sealer.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts