Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Note, 1.2 Dig-S Petrol
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Nick and I've had a Nissan Note since early 2019. The first one was a black 2017 1.2 petrol version which proved to be utterly gutless when compared with the 2004 Ford Focus I drove before. Of all the cars I've owned I've never had one that needed to be in 2nd to get up mild hills.
That didn't last long thanks to a narrow Welsh lane and a blind corner and someone coming the other way. Lots of plastic all over the road and an insurance write off. The other car was drivable.....

In August 2019 I got a silver 1.2 DIG-S model which is far more nippier and responsive. It's only done 18,000 miles since 2016 thanks to being a Motability car and then Covid restrictions kept me at home.
Being tall I appreciate the headroom and legroom and the sheer amount of space in the boot does me fine for camping trips. Unfortunately it also does fine for taking Mum to the garden centre and bringing back dozens of plants :rolleyes::D
Fuel economy is great. I'm hovering around 49.4mpg but when I get out on long runs it ticks up to 49.9, I even had it at 50.1 in the early days. Cruise Control is a new one on me too, love the ability to set the speed and relax the feet.

One thing that annoys me is the cheap plastic on the doors and boot lip - so easily scratched.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nick.
Your comments had me thinking back over a decade when i was buying a Landrover freelander.
Checking the reviews a regular one popped up... "Acres of plastic"
The first one had a Rover 2Ltr diesel and was slow on acceleration.
Second one had a BMW TD4 engine which was more lively.
Both had lots of plastic trim.
In the note it suits me well enough cos when out in the great outdoors i can easily clean mud n crud off the surfaces, particularly on the door panels.
Yours looks good in silver, hope it serves you well and keep away from welsh lanes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts