Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Have just taken receipt of a shiny black N-Tec plus 1.5 dci
after 3 years of faithful service from my old Acenta (with connect),that over 49K miles managed to get 64.5mpg.

No other car came close to the spec of the Note for the money so decided on "better the devil you know". Am loving the privacy glass and two tone 16inch alloys in the N-tec Plus!

Looking forward to sharing tips on here especially on installing a DAB into the connect system.

Mak

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

I'm after a DAB too, and TBH have limited it to either a Pure Highway (which is an external tuner type that transmits on FM) or the integrated Pure 300di. It's more expensive but would be my choice in a new car. <a href="http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/41051/pure-highway-300di-dab-adaptor-review" target="_blank">Click here
</a>
Otherwise I think it's a new head unit which would seem daft!

Either way, I'll be keeping an eye on any decisions you make

Edited by: Shindig

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I'll keep a watching brief as well as I miss Radio 4 Extra.

I looked at a demo Pure 300 in the local Halfords superstore. Supposed in 'ideal' conditions neither I nor the 'audio expert' could get Radio 4 Extra or even Radio 4. The little Highway was slow to tune in but once locked on seemed OK. I wonder though what it is like on the move.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
No doubt I'll get shot down in flames over this, but DAB isn't really suitable for a car in the UK. We don't have the network of transmitters and problems like multipathing in cities have not been solved.
The main reason for a move to DAB (2015 is now a tentative switchover date) is because the Government want to sell off the nice FM frequencies and force us to nasty low quality digital, like they did with television.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Not a flaming but my daughter has a JVC DAB/CD in her car and reception is fantastic.

We drove from west London to Wales and didn't loose the tuned stations at all.

You are right though about the bandwidth sell-off but I think that the date has slipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts