Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have owned my Note for nearly 3 months now and think its a great car :)

My question that drove me to look for a Note forum is around warranties. Mine is a 59 reg low mileage Note (currently 9000 miles) and came with a 3 month warranty. This is due to expire towards the end of this month. Ive been asked if I want to renew the warranty for £220 for a year. Ive never bought a warranty for a car before. Should i get one? Or should I do as a friend suggested and ensure I invest that money in having a full spec service by Nissan every year on the basis that Nissan cars are so reliable?

Any thoughts?

Sharon

·
Registered
360 Posts
At the end of the day you pays your money......

However, you need to check exactly what is covered in this 3 month warranty and if it covers the items most likely to breakdown or cost you money to replace (inc labour). My current 09 Note, from a main dealer, came with full 12 month cover - no doubt in the price I paid!!

There are third party companies who offer extended warranties, which might suit you better.

I am on my second Note and found that when repairs are needed, which I cannot do myself, with labour they tend to be pricey (I always use the main dealer which is not the cheapest option) as seems to be the trend with new cars.

So you need to do some research and decide from there, IMHO I do not believe there is a clear cut answer with so many variables such as your mileage and driving style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts