Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

My name is Steve. I have in the last 6 months bought a second hand Nissan Note Tekna 1.6. All of my previous cars were Ford apart from 1 which was a Triumph TR7. That shows my age
. So my first non british car and also my first Automatic. Never been tempted to an auto before but i think its great and i cant see the point of manual now.

Great car and i am a convert. My only problem is a have discovered i am incapable of reversing it into
spaces
. For work i have driven vans and never had a problem but i dont seem to be able to judge the rear of the car very well and i wish it had a parking censor.

regards

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome Steve. I've got a 1.6 auto and its my first time without manual gears too. Great isn't it

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
welcome steve

its easy enough to fit a set of aftermarket parking sensors

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Steve I completely agree automatic is the way to go, I also have the tekna auto and what a great car.I always had manuals but auto is so much better to drive and I dont think the fuel consumption is bad either especially on a long run.

Paul

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club!
I have a 1.6 Tekna Manual, but its lovely!

·
Registered
109 Posts
this is my 2nd automatic, first was a 2litre 7 seater which was greedy, lucky to get 20mpg,
this is great as its a 1.6 auto that gives 30+ mpg, best i could find out of the mid sized cars i was looking at, always been a fan of Nissan, but normally the bigger cars, Bluebird was my last nissan, loved the car, wish they had carried on making them.

find the 1,6 petrol a little bit underpowered at times but all my other cars have been bigger engined, just have to remember not to try to race anyone from the lights :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All

Thanks for the welcome.

I have just started to look into parking sensors now. I didnt realise there were so many to choose from. I think somewhere i saw another thread about these so i will be following it.

thanks again

regards

Steve

·
Registered
453 Posts
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Hello and welcome to our World of the Note

1 - 8 of 8 Posts