Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!I've been lurking for a few months, thought it was about time to become a 'proper member'.

I don't own a Note yet - i'm on the lookout for a used 1.4L pre-facelift SE for around 4K.

Had a test drive in one yesterday, impressive cars. Didn't make the purchase though due to a few niggles such as it needing new tires, 3 previous owners (was told otherwise on the phone) and a odd sound immediately after starting when cold (aux belt?). Figured I could do a bit better for the money.

Are there any major disadvantages with the pre-facelift models?
The main thingsI'venoticed is the lack of Aux input to the stereo and slight differences with the set up of the flexi-boards.

See you around!

Ali.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the aux belt squeek seems to be a common problem, mine does it on first startup but it lasts 1 or 2 seconds then i dont hear it again,

as for the flexi boards, i thought i could have 1 vertical to make a sort of hidden boxed in section but mine doesnt do that, its either both boards up or both on the floor, or 1 up and one down but always they stay horizontal....not the end of the world though,
thing i like is the aircaft type tables in the back for the kids....dont think facelift models have these anymore.

tyres are £125 (based on a conti contact 2,,,,,185*55*16)each so be mindful when buying to check the tyres have enough tread to last you through at least the first MOT.

Edited by: paperman

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its only the higher models that have the flexiboards that you an move about on the pre facelift, re. tires the conti are soft as cheese (only got 6k miles out of mine and i dont drive hard) my local independent does them for £110 fitted but there over priced imho
i have now got yokohama c-drives for a bargin £85 a corner fitted andthay transformed the car, it sticks to the road now and no more wheel spin on damp/greasy road

you can now get budget tires hexa forceum's for £68 fitted

above are 185/55/16's

·
Registered
5 Posts
on the subject of tyres,got 3 Kumho K17 185/65/R15's (57 Acenta 1.4) for £165 fitted through black circles.com. Service from fitting centre was excellent

Cheers

John

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Buy 'em while you can.
Blackcircles is Tesco. They are doing their best to break kwikfit and the competition. Once they have done that the prices will go up.

I'm considering fitting 195/55r16 to my tekna, they are a much more popular size, and should fit ok. They will go some way towards making the speedo read accurately too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow lots of variation in tyre prices. I guess that's down to the bigger wheels on the higher trim options. Thanks for the info though.

Other posts on here that I've read have a lot of info on aux belt, doesn't seem to be a complete cure though

The flexi boards seem brilliant, will have to wait and see until when I actually get a note!

·
Registered
311 Posts
########If you have a 1.6 Tekna Auto Fitted With 16" alloys dont what ever you do change to anything but Continental.I do alot of miles ayear and have already clocked up 55k in 3 years, the first set of tyres on my car were factory fitted continentals, then with my wisdom i thought id fit Bridgestones, which i had fitted to a previous nissan that was heavily tuned( they lasted longer than i had the car). Well i found out that bridgestones dont last long on the Note, only about 10k at most. But before you ask no i dont tyre spin or screach them. the Bridgestone compount was way to soft for the 16" alloys and mileage. so dont get them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts