Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right compare the 11 note to the 08 plate note. it is like driving a different car. it is the same engine but it has been tweeked in the newer version. and 5th gear is taller. doing 70 mph at 3150 rpm instead of 3,400 rpm lol.

The new note feels quicker too. Yes i am still using shell V Power lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pick up of the 1.6 is brill it is quicker than you might think. and the nissan connect and cruise control is a joy.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Glad you enjoying that new Note! If things work out for me, I might be able to trade up for an 09 or 10 plate!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would try for an 11 plate the note got revised on the end of the 60 plate again hehe.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's good Tom. Thank you for the update.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
nice report tom

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does it just have a taller 5th gear or has the final drive ration been changed so all gears are taller? As I've ritted elsewhere, I reckon the early ones had a van/pick-up final drive as they rev about 15% higher than my old Skoda Favorits did. Now, if I could combine the best from a Note with the best from a Favorit and add the best of a Maxi ...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, I've just seen it. "Ration" for "ratio". That's what comes of growing up in the 1940s when everything was rationed, even sex.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, my Note 1.6 auto O8, does 75mph @3000rpm according to my gauges that is. It also recorded 67mpg once, travelling between 70 and 80mphbut there is a trick to it? and it was on the flat.

merry xmas to all
dave s

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No, you could be right, it raining that much it would be better off being a newt. Mines all wet inside due to leaving one door not fully locked overnight, dam.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
mdvineng said:
No, you could be right, it raining that much it would be better off being a newt. Mines all wet inside due to leaving one door not fully locked overnight, dam.
Ahh, are you sure it was the door? I have heard many stories of pre 2010 Notes letting in water even when locked up tight. In fact, a chap who works with Mrs Elephant bought an 08 Visia after seeing our new N-Tec, and caught a CHEST INFECTION from the mould spores (UGGGGG!) growing on the rear seats. He's actually had a lot of problems with that car, and has now thrown it back at WLMG and got his money back.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
defo the door, we get lots of wet test time here in manchester and up until my forgetfullness it has stayed dry in all thats been thrown at it. I don't want to think abouthow the mould on the rear seats got there yuckk. The road outside my house is looking more like a canal as the day gets longer, could be worse, could be -10 like last year. have fun

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've seen several posts about leaks round the high level brake light - and mine is leaking there, too. Could that cause enough damp in theback for fungi to grow?Seems like a manufacturing fault because the cars haven't been around long.

Another thought - with electric front windows and manual rear, it's easy to forget to close fully the rear ones. I've found that twice when I washed mine, so I check more carefully now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea old frank 4th and 5th are taller but 1st 2nd and 3rd are the same as the 1st gen notes. i have found that the acceleration is less savage in the new note but power delivery is more linier and it isn't as jerky in the new note. Plus you won't believe how hard it is to find a 1.6 manual nissan note N-Tec either lol.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm forever opening and closing the rear windows instead of the front ones by mistake...those switches could do with being just an inch or so further back. As for gear ratios, I know they revised them for the diesels on the current model to reduce the emmisions apparently, but did they also do something on the 1.6? People were often complaining that 5th wasn't tall enough for motorway cruising. Also I understand that when the 108bhp diesel was fitted (for one year only
) an extra gear came with it...does anyone on this forum have the more powerful 1.5 dci and is it any good?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea 5th is taller now by about 250 prm at 70 mph and it seems to be quiter too. more refined for crusing. still not tall enough i think it could do with a 6th gear. they reduced the emissions on the 1.6 from 156 to 148 which dropped tax from £155 to £130 a year. MPG remains the same lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 56 Note S (which I'm told is B flat in Germany) definitely has too low a 1st gear, and the others could do with being higher too. If the final drive ratio ... (you've read it all before - it's one of the bees in my bonnet). I've had wheel-spin if I pull away in 1st in a hurry, even on a dry road, so I have to be much more gentle with the loud pedal. On any down slope I use 2nd. As you'd expect for a standard 1.4 engine the power-band isn't very noticeable, but it is there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. I have the more powerful 105 bhp diesel. Mine is alate 2008 model, pre-facelift. Although i have no experience of the standard 90 bhp model all i can say is that mine feels like s**t of a stick if you really want to push it, (please excuse my language). It has the sixth gear which to be honest i'm not sure makes much difference at motorway cruising as the revs at 80 are no different to my old skoda fabia revs at 80, ( same size engine and same age ). I tend to get between 48 and at best 54 mpg during the working week doing a mixture of motorway and A road driving. Only complaint, wish the tank was bigger, have my own parking space at my local petrol station as i spend that much time there. LOL.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts