Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never owned a Nissan before but we did hire a Note in 2010 and travelled around the UK for about 2,000 miles... the kids loved it and made us promise to buy one when we bought a new car....Any tips on ownership?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Yep, drive a hard bargain, there are great deals around at the moment.

Other than that, use a good quality polish and oils and watch for blistering on the alloys (the paint suffers from regulations about the primer used).

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Enjoy and welcome to a very friendly forum.

I've only recently joined myself after 14 years of driving dieselSeat Alhambras and have found the 1.6 petrol Note a revelation.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I neally bought an altera before the note only draw back was thay only did the auto in a diesel 1.9 vw engine iirc

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
The Altea comes with a lovely seven speed DSG auto on an economical 1.6 diesel. The only thing that dissauded me was thesleazy salesman who couldn't organise a pee up in a brewery let alone a test drive this side of Armageddon.

My other option was the auto Citroen C3 Picasso. The salesman was brilliant but there was not a demonstrator in the country (seriously we spent 90 minutes together peering at computer screens to see if anyone, anywhere had one). The poor guy was losing sales and I though that this did not bode well should there be gearbox problems.

Still a Note it is and, so far, I am delighted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts