Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Note 1.6 SVE 2006
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nissan Note 1.6 SVE (E11, HR16DE, 2006) owner here - well not altogether.

Some old threads covered the topic of engine oil (before partly descending into muted flame wars) but I'm still confused...

I have some Fuchs TITAN Supersyn F Eco-DT 5W30 Fully Synthetic engine Oil. (Probably one of the last cans to come out of Germany before the self-inflicted destruction of its economy.) Standards met are:
  • ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5
  • API SL
  • FORD WSS-M2C913-C
  • FORD WSS-M2C913-D
Several reseller sites, and Fuch's own, tell me I'm good to go with a 5W30 product like the above one. Then, recently, I came across a PDF table of oils off Nissan UK's site apparently showing I need 5W40!

I don't want to start another passive-aggressive fracas over engine oil but I really would like to know what viscosity is best in my use case.

Fanx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Both our 2005 and 2007 Micras (which were mechanically related to the Note) were specified to use 5w30 semi synthetic which originally was A2 grade but when that spec died it was replaced by A1 or A5. The Fuchs will be fine.

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
229 Posts
Nissan Note 1.6 SVE (E11, HR16DE, 2006) owner here - well not altogether.

Some old threads covered the topic of engine oil (before partly descending into muted flame wars) but I'm still confused...

I have some Fuchs TITAN Supersyn F Eco-DT 5W30 Fully Synthetic engine Oil. (Probably one of the last cans to come out of Germany before the self-inflicted destruction of its economy.) Standards met are:
  • ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5
  • API SL
  • FORD WSS-M2C913-C
  • FORD WSS-M2C913-D
Several reseller sites, and Fuch's own, tell me I'm good to go with a 5W30 product like the above one. Then, recently, I came across a PDF table of oils off Nissan UK's site apparently showing I need 5W40!

I don't want to start another passive-aggressive fracas over engine oil but I really would like to know what viscosity is best in my use case.

Fanx
As a diesel owner , not for me , but why is Germany economy destroyed in my observation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts