Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , thanks for reading, my wife unlocked her note today by the keyfob and moved the car about 10ft back so i could get my van in to park up then when she got out tried to lock it and it wont lock, so tried second key fob , again would not lock , or unlock, when you close drivers door the interior light stays on and should go out when you lock it, this is not hapening it will go out but its on timer, can anyone please help as car will not lock,,,, help

·
Registered
109 Posts
A daft question I know, but is the boot fully closed? That would stop it locking, and are you sure that it was actually locked when your wife opened it? It would click when opening even if it was already open, if you get my drift.
lindar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it was locked, and she only opend drivers door to get in, theres no flash from indicators and locking makes no noise, its as though its just not getting the signal to lock or like you were thinking one of the doors not shut, must admit that about 6 months ago it locked her in and she had to open windo and pull the outside handle, but all has been ok since then, tried all the doors open then closed them one by one including the boot and bonet, so still at a loss, it is as though it thinks the door is open, but i cant remember if you try locking it with a door open if the locking still tries to lock and then pops back to open,
when the fob is pressed there is nothing, lick it the wrong fob,,
thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Only other stupid suggestion I have, is the battery in the fob just about flat?. I'm just thinking you said it was an 07 model. Maybe fob battery could be due a change. I was thinking about the childproof lock, but I don't think that affects the drivers door. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe someone else has ideas.
lindar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes thought about fob battery , and thats why i tried the otherfob, still nothing ,, dont think child lock would stop it locking would it ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Excuse me coming in on this, and it may seem very silly but you tried the spare fob without success - it is of the same age as your main one and its battery could be spent too - just a thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi , yes the fobs are of same age, can see where your coming from, did try both and mine hardly gets used, when she unlocked it it was from the other side of the road some 20 to 30 foot away, im thinking it could be a fuse but dont know which one, oh the switch in the middle nere handbrake locks and unlocks the doors, so still lost ,,,
thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
does the car lock by the key in the lock on the passenger door ??

I would say it the fobs - change the battery and reprogram the remote to the car

·
Registered
165 Posts
Perhaps try disconnecting the negative battery lead for a couple of minutes to see if it 'resets' anything. Slim chance, but if you're desperate...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
coolhands said:
Perhaps try disconnecting the negative battery lead for a couple of minutes to see if it 'resets' anything. Slim chance, but if you're desperate...
Make doubly sure that you have your radio code BEFORE doing this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi thanks to everyonefor their help, i think the car repair fairies have been at it overnight, whent out to car this morrning and just to take the micky the fob unlocked the car ,,, then yes locked it ,,,, and then unlocked it,,yipeeee it works again, just to make car safe last night i locked the car with the button in the middle and then shut drivers door, and yep car all locked and i knew i could get back in with key. but dont do that with keys inthe car, didnt know you could do that

but now that it all works again whats the next step to find what caused it,
thanks again everyone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi aircool1966

I know its been over 5 years you have had this problem. I am having the same issue, started today morning. I can unlock the car using both the keys but cannot lock it. I am manually locking the car. It worked well until last evening. Any pointers?

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Remember reading about this some time back, (three to four years), somebody opened the door moved the car and tried to lock it, the same thing. It's some gremlin in the electrics, cannot remember what the out come was, but at the time we had a moderator who was very good with problems like that, I think he sorted them out, but not a lot of use to you, sorry. Look back through "search" and put a combinations of questions, to find the answer you require.
As one member has said, disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, but make sure you have your radio code first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi , thanks for reading, my wife unlocked her note today by the keyfob and moved the car about 10ft back so i could get my van in to park up then when she got out tried to lock it and it wont lock, so tried second key fob , again would not lock , or unlock, when you close drivers door the interior light stays on and should go out when you lock it, this is not hapening it will go out but its on timer, can anyone please help as car will not lock,,,, help
I had this problem today when I packed the car for the bank holiday weekend. After 15 minutes of opening and closing doors and hatch and several checks no result. then I remembered I had left a spare key fob in my suitcase that was in the car. Took out the spare key, tried again and it locked fine. The moral of my story, DON'T LEAVE A KEY IN THE CAR!!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts