Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - fairly new to this site.
I have a nissan note 1.6 REG 08 - About 6 months ago the abs/esp lights came on whilst driving then after I turned engine off they went off and all ok.
today they have come again whilst driving - but when I turned my engine off and back on the lights stayed on..
My brakes were changed about 9 months ago so no recent changes to the car - i dont break heavy quiet the opposite. any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Could this be dust on the disks? when I brake I hear a low humming noise come from the dash when the lights are on.
best tj

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Could be any part of the abs system, or even a flat battery/low charge from the alternator.
You will have to get the fault codes read (needs a different reader from the £10 eBay engine code readers) if you can't see any obvious damage to the sensor cables leading to each wheel hub.

The ABS light not going out when the ignition is turned on is usually a fault with a wheel sensor, but anybody's guess which one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
this may help someone in the future, i had similar problems just recently,esp light abs light then power steering light followed by loss of power steering.turned out to be bad alternator and battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts