Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my nissan note 2009 1.6 radio start working bad, In the town I cant listen radio because a lot of noise from radio? Two weeks ago i took battery from car and just change, when I put back battery on radio write " CODE IN? I don t know code, and after that radio working bad. Maybe somebody now how to fix?

·
Registered
651 Posts
You need the code that should be somewhere in the black folder that is kept in the glove compartment.
It will either be written in the handbook OR more likely it will be on a card about the same size as a credit card in the black folder.
If you do not have it, then first off i would contact the person you bought the car from and ask them for the code, failing that you will have to search the net for some person or company that can obtain a code for you. If i remember right you will need the serial number and other info off the sticker on the back of the radio unit.
If that fails then scrap the radio and get a decent aftermarket unit, you will find on here ( use search top right ) that the connect radio unit is a bag of bolts anyway and prone to failing.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi "MBurba"
Over the years members have disconnected their battery and lost the use of the radio. as you need to put in the code for the radio. Now with the later model Notes (E12) this does not happen.
Being a 2009 Note, you can take it out and try and find the serial number, and pay a site to give you the code, but really I wouldn't hold your breath. One member has got some sort of a code for his radio, but he has to put in that code every time he gets in the car if he wants to listen to the radio or CD, also with a 2009 not sure if yours has sat-nav?
As Sineu said "get a decent aftermarket unit" The connect 1 will be on it's way out (Knackered) You could spend quite a few pounds sorting out the code for it, and 3 months down the road, it gives up the ghost., money wasted.
If it does have sat-nav, and you still want a sat-nav, purchase a Tomtom or Garmin with free life time updates on certain models.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can usually get the code from a nissan dealer. Just take a note of the cars vin number that is printed on the bottom of the windscreen (passenger side).
They should be able to obtain the code for you.
It will be much cheaper however, if you can find the code written in the handbook or on a card as the other guys say.
When ever you obtain a car in the future, make sure the radio code is in the handbook. (I keep my handbook at home, not in the car).

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Before you ask Nissan for the radio code, ask how much they will charge you first. They don't give the codes out free!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts