Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL

Out working on the car today and disconnected the clocks/Speedo/ indicator and light stalks to try and possible rectify another problem that I was having with the car, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Anyway when I reconnecting everything and try to start the car I'm getting all my ignition lights, immobiliser light stops flashing and car turns over and battery is fairly strong but car just will not start.

I've read on a few other forums (not Nissan cars) with people who had problems starting there cars after they had upgraded or change there clocks, that the new clocks have to be recoded, something to do with the immobiliser, but when the original clocks were replaced car would start,

I only disconnected and reconnected the same clocks plus all was done when battery was disconnected, battery was reconnected while the clocks were out if that made any difference.

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers Redline

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
From the manual it states " only replace with new unit if removed " i.e. one that has never been energized before. Looks like a techie is required with Consult 2 software to re initialise or fit a brand new unit and hope it cures it.

regards

dave s

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
disconnect the battery for 20 mins and try again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks flash22 and mdvineng<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Turns out it was flooded,
I reckon it must have happened when I was trying to start it just after the clocks had been replaced and the cars computer or clocks needed resetting.<O:p></O:p>

after this i did disconnected the battery overnight to try to reset everything which must have done the job but as it was flooded and still wouldn't start I thought it was still a problem with a reset. <O:p></O:p>
I Just happened to try a stronger battery today she sounded like she was trying to fire up so kept at it must been turning her over for at least five minutes and eventually fired up. <O:p></O:p>
Now to try and sort outthe other problems <O:p></O:p>
Thanks flash22 and mdvineng<O:p></O:p>
Edited by: redline

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I had an instance the other day, I released the key from the start position a little too early for the engine to fully catch, so I restarted and it would not fire up at all, left it 3 minutes and all was Ok. maybe to do with relative positions of the injectors and spark plugs.

glad it's fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts