Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if it is possible to turn the connect nav. off, as it is a bit distracting.
Also, in the front light cluster there is a small round light which never seems to come on,
All the usual lights work normally. Any advice greatly appreciated.

John

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Simply, dont turn it on. There is no way AFAIK to disabled it completely but if you select any other Connect function the satNav screen disappears.
Some clue as to the position of the 'non-ligt' would be helpful. What is it next to or between.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there are quite a few lights on the dash that arnt used the gauges are designed for all note models and specs
Edit, misread the post, extra place in the headlight ? more than likely for a daylight running bulb as iirc you change your lights to lhd euro spec ones didnt you ??

you cant turn it off completely if you press and hold the top left it does just display

if you just want to use the nav and listen to the radio/cd/aux program the nav and let it find the route then press cd/radio/aux it then dispays radio/cd/aux info with turn by turn in the corner

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for replies,Iwill have to get used to the connect,trouble at my age I amfacinated by all the gismo's available!
the light I mean is inside the large plastic piece covering the headlamps,one on each side.Iforgot to say it is a2010 tekna and was made for the euro market,not an import.I have tried to find any mention of these lights in both english and french manuals noluck!
I had a similar problem with the keyless operation, nothing about pressing on the brake pedal when turning the ignition on;

John

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
euro spec and uk spec cars have very slight differences, daylight running lights make sence as its eu spec but not fitted with the wiring ect

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you again for helpful replies,at least now I know I am not a total idiot?????

John

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
flash22 said:
euro spec and uk spec cars have very slight differences, daylight running lights make sence as its eu spec but not fitted with the wiring ect
Law states that if a light is fitted and visible, it MUST be in working order

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the hole maybe there but if there no fitting or wiring means that its not a fitted item, the french have different rules and standards to the uk so it may not even count

1 - 8 of 8 Posts