Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I checked under my car after returning from a journey today and there is a puddle of liquid coming from underneath the car. The car has an aluminium lined cavity centrally located under the car and the leaks seems to be coming from in there.

It is not oil but beside that I'm not sure what it is? Please can someone give me direction. I'm really worried.

Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
All the air con cars I have owned leave a trail or small puddle under them - unless its either screen wash or coolant (easy to tell if it is) then odds on being condensation

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Dip a tissue in it, to see if it's coloured. No colour, I doubt it's coolant, screen wash or transmission/brake fluid. Will it burn on the tissue.....if not, it won't be oil.

Smell it on the tissue.......... no smell, it's more than likely condensation from the aircon.(That's if you have aircon).

Lastly.....taste it if you dare.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
276 Posts
Assuming that you used the aircon during your journey and didn't spend today driving with all the windows open(like me!)I'd go with the others on it being condensation from the aircon. Normal and perfectly harmless.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The liquid did not appear coloured so I'm assuming it was condensation from the air conditioning unit. I've never owned a car with air conditioning and all I saw was a puddle of liquid underneath the car.

Thanks for everybody's help it is very much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts