Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just put down a deposit on a Nissan note 2012, 1.5, diesel (private sale). Need to sort out the insurance today and collect tomorrow...but the insurance is asking me if it is a tekna, n-tec, acenta or visia. I have looked at all the documents I have access to and have done some searches online, but I can't seem to find out this information.
Any ideas how I would find out??
Thank you

·
Registered
695 Posts
Probably best to phone the seller and ask him mate.
It'll be printed in the vehicle hand book.
Those 'options' refer to the later 2013 on models i believe...in which case,
The acenta usually has cruise control.
The acenta premium has sat nav.
The visia won't have sat nav.
The n tec will probably have 16" wheels instead of 15s.
And it may well have parking sensors etc.
But the phone call is the best way of finding out for certain.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would have thought that the insurance company would have the information they need just by typing in the car's reg number into their database.
You can try it yourself, just go to the .gov web site for car tax, put your reg number in and it will bring up basic info on your car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi I have just put down a deposit on a Nissan note 2012, 1.5, diesel (private sale). Need to sort out the insurance today and collect tomorrow...but the insurance is asking me if it is a tekna, n-tec, acenta or visia. I have looked at all the documents I have access to and have done some searches online, but I can't seem to find out this information.
Any ideas how I would find out??
Thank you
Did you honestly buy a car without knowing the exact model? There can be a vast difference in price between a poverty spec (the Visia) and the luxury version (the Tekna).

If you go onto any on-line site such as WBAC or even Parkers valuations and insert the reg number it will tell you what it is. But as said above the insurance company should know this from the reg number thus its a mystery to me why they are asking.

Unless there is something dodgy about the car and its not showing up.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Unless this one slipped through the net and the data base just shows 'nissan note 1.5 diesel'
Unlikely i know, but then why would they ask?
Or perhaps they want to know if your 'new' car really does match the data base description and isn't a mock up spec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts