Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone provided any advice? I just got to my 06 Note and opened the boot to load it up now it won’t close. Seems like the catch isn’t catching. After a quick google search I checked all the wires in the rubber housing at the body to tailgate connection and there seems to be no broken wiring. I’ve taken the catch off to inspect it and can see not obvious issues. I’m no electrician so that’s about as far as I can go without help.
Any advice welcomed.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The catch is mechanical, working on a spring.

When the boot closes, the ring on the floor goes between the jaws, and rolls the catch round until it locks in place winding up a spring.
The motor releases the catch and allows the spring to roll it back open. There is a neat design trick so that there is a half way safety detent that the motor overcomes, meaning the boot doesn't fly open if the first catch opens. If you shut your coat in the lock, it jams and wont open again!

Anyway
If you poke a phillips screwdriver or something in the jaws you can turn the catch and lock it. Pressing the release button should make it spring open, or moving the white release lever on the inside of the lock will.
If it isn't locking and it is unplugged so the electric motor isn't trying to open it, then something is broken in the lock, if the motor is permanently unlocking it then there is a wiring fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I squirted some WD40 in the catch and it solved whatever the problem was. All sorted now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts